Were searching for a Staff RN Employee Health to deliver professional nursing and individualized nursing care to clients served by the Employee Health/CARE4U Department under the indirect supervision of a registered nurse. Obtains this through the use of the nursing process and clinical skills in accordance with standards and hospital policies and procedures. Meets job specific standards. Indirect supervision means that the responsible RN is available through periodic inspection and evaluation and/or telephone communication for direction, consultation, and collaboration.
- Patient Interaction.
- Effectively provides service to patients and families with consideration of the individuals age and developmental and cognitive levels.
- Initiates care of the customer seen for any of the services offered by EH/CARE4U
- Answers phone
- Schedules appointments
- Performs drug testing, blood draws, Cotinine urine testing, State Urine testing, Point of Care urine and strep testing and administration of immunizations according to department protocol and regulatory guidelines.
- When applicable completes chain of custody forms and consents completely and accurately.
- Communicates results to appropriate contact person.
- Enters results in the log books required for CLIA as well as forwards forms and specimens to the proper resource, when applicable.
- Contacts on call company for breath alcohol testing
- Assists the EH Supervisor or RN with follow-up care for a client involved in a work comp injury/illness and a blood/body exposure under the indirect supervision of the RN.
- Determines the need for follow-up of exposures according to BBF algorithm and CDC regulations.
- Provides and refers, if needed, for counseling specific to the clients needs regarding BBF exposure or the work injury.
- Ensures communication of lab results, follow up work comp paperwork needed for appointments to client, Claim Specialist, Department Manager/Supervisor and sources physician.
- Obtains specimens needed for testing of blood, nasal swabs or specimens from wounds
- Documents care, follow-ups, and assessments in the EMR system in an accurate and timely manner
- Orders lab or x-rays appropriately and follows up regarding results.
- Performs annual and post offer compliance reviews for clients of CHS according to their job requirements as well as being actively involved in the flu shot campaign
- Completes forms and consents completely and accurately.
- Updates employees medical file with current information.
- Updates EMR-Medgate,Epic, and other systems accurately in a timely manner.
- Ensures accuracy with placement and reading of tb skin testing and referral for those with a positive test
- Performs tb mask fitting
- Ensures that supplies are in place for campaign
- Assists the EH Supervisor or RN in identifying actions to correct, prevent, and/or minimize risk(s) to the client (i.e. falls, needle punctures) and assists them with the items listed below
- Completes report forms for employee injury/illness.
- Communicates to appropriate personnel regarding safety issues.
- Takes a pro-active role in injury prevention and safety awareness.
- Initiates the work comp process with processing and filing of workers compensation claims and assists with questions, all under the indirect supervision of the RN.
- Processes and files workers compensation claims.
- Communicates information to the Third Party Administrator, the injured worker and the Manager/Supervisor of the injured employee.
- Generates and maintains employee and applicant medical and workers compensation files (actives and terms). Files all medical and workers compensation information and keeps files up to date.
- Ensures completion of the work comp paperwork to include employee/manager/EH/CARE4U forms
- Ensures accurate documentation within Medgate to assure the OSHA record keeping logs are updated and correct to facilitate reports as needed.
- Provides first aid as per the NP or RN instructions or the Evidence based orders
- Triages and refers for transport of higher care
- Maintains Employee Health inventory.
- Orders and stocks first aid, ergonomic, CARE4U medications and supplies, office and drug screen supply inventory when necessary and maintains supply storage area.
- Maintains accurate patient records by completing all required patient care documentation and reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes accurate order entry in Epic.
- Reports any change in patient status in a timely manner to the RN or APRN with ongoing patient assessments/ reassessments according to the appropriate CPG, protocol and unit standard of care.
- Assists in clerical duties such as faxing, photocopying and corresponding with CHS employees as needed.
- Scans in appropriate patient documents into Medgate and emails clients with specified results in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are necessary to interact with all levels of employees .
- Advanced organizational skills
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Knowledge of HRIS system Oracle, preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from an accredited school or university as a RN required.
- Previous nursing experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Current and valid RN license for NE/IA depending on state of residency required.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.