$2,500 Sign-on bonus
Schedule - Casual/PRN Mon-Fri varied days
Were searching for a Radiologic Technologist to perform radiologic examinations and related functions including. clerical functions and patient transportation assistance when necessary. Facilitate quality patient care and render appropriate care specific to patients age ensuring understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in the Age Specific Criteria.
- Performs routine radiographic examinations requested by credentialed physicians and facilitates diagnosis in accordance with department procedure manual; technique charts; and initial patient assessment to include the following:
- Room preparation to include equipment set-up; contrast media preparation; general supply stocking, immobilization devices; lead shields; isolation procedure requirements; and sterile technique when warranted.
- Calculating and selecting proper technical factors, positioning, and film markings based on patient age, physical condition and suspected pathology.
- Processing radiographic images and evaluating them for technical quality.
- Preparing radiographs for interpretation by Radiologist recording pertinent patient data; dating films.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion in order to comply with infection control regulations and to present a professional look to patients and families. Disinfects room after each patient use; restocks supplies; reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate person; and practices good hand washing.
- Trains new employees. Orients radiologic students to the pediatric radiographic process.
- Transports patients to and from the department to facilitate timely completion of patient exams as needed, in accordance with established department procedure.
- Performs various clerical tasks in order to maintain continuity of patient exams, i.e. retrieving and filing films and reports, answering phones, relaying messages, etc.
- Educates the patient and family members regarding the examination process. Provides caring responses to family questions. Excels in service excellence from patient and familys perspective.
- Keeps current knowledge regarding technical developments, trends and techniques in radiographic procedures and equipment.
- Maintains registry and licenses through appropriate journals, workshops and seminars.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work requires analytical abilities necessary to resolve technical problems to produce optimal radiographs.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to counsel and comfort patients and families regarding examinations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or certificate from an AMA approved school in Radiologic Technology or related field required within 6 months of hire.
- Must be ARRT registered or board eligible, and pass registry within 6 months of hire.
- Current and valid Radiologic Technologist license from the State of Nebraska required within 6 months of hire.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.