Casual/PRN; every other weekend, one day a week, holiday rotation
Were searching for a Pharmacy Intern performs duties under the direct supervision of a staff pharmacist and/or Pharmacy Administrative Team and within the scope of practice as defined by the State of Nebraska. Duties may include: accurate and timely medication purchasing, preparation, labeling and delivery; maintenance of appropriate and accurate stock supplies and medication inventory levels in designated areas, assistance in administrative support and contributes to maintaining a cooperative work environment.
- Responsible for accurately preparing, labeling, delivering medications in a timely manner.
- Aseptically prepares and labels sterile product medication in a consistent, accurate and timely manner including TPN solutions, ready-to-administer products, and large volume parenterals. Follows pharmaceutical production standards of practice as developed by the department and consistent with national standards.
- Addresses customer service issues in a timely manner, including answering phones, directing calls, greeting visitors, and responding to questions in the Pharmacy.
- Proficient utilization of automated dispensing machines, including loading, refills, outdating, report generation, inventory and basic maintenance
- Responsible for maintaining established stock levels of medications within the pharmacy as well as other patient care areas.
- Updates charges/credits of returned medications when appropriate. Processes patient charges/credits on a daily basis and generates manual charges/credits when necessary.
- Appropriately manages technology in the day-to-day delivery of pharmaceutical care.
- BAXA compounder setup and trouble shooting
- Basic pyxis function
- Electronic variance reporting system
- MILT medication labeling system
- Retrieval of Policy and Procedures from the Intranet
- Electronic drug information resources
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Enrolled in an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with good academic standing required.
- Current and valid Pharmacy Intern or Technician licensure with the State of Nebraska Board of Pharmacy required.
- Pharmacy Technicians must be certified by a Nebraska approved state or national program (CPhT) within one calendar year of registration.
- If a Pharmacy Intern license is not obtained at the time of hire its required upon the first day of Pharmacy school or within 6 months of date into position.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of security check in compliance with requirements set by the State of Nebraska required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha