$5000. SIGN ON BONUS!
Full Time Night Shift
7P-7A with weekend rotation
Children's is looking to hire a Licensed Practical Nurse - Inpatient to provide direct care for the comfort, safety and personal needs of pediatric patients under the direction and supervision of the RN and provides for indirect unit support needs related to supplies and equipment. Varied schedules to include weekend and holiday patterns.
- Contributes to the direct individualized age-specific patient/family assessments, according to defined nursing scope and practice standards.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures, provides individual patient cares according to the plan of care, delegated tasks, and physician orders. (*Individualized refers to the patients developmental, cognitive, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual and education/family influences and physician/ medical care needs.)
- Provides age-specific care and demonstrates competency in assessment of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate care for infant, toddler, preschool, school age, and adolescent patients.
- Utilizes patient/family input in delivering individualized patient care.
- Implements nursing actions as directed by the RN in accordance with the plan of care.
- Participates in providing ongoing patient/family education using an individualized approach in delivery style.
- Performs treatments, procedures, and medication administration in a professional manner.
- Communicates interventions and responses to care to appropriate members of team.
- Participates with the multidisciplinary team in providing feedback/input into the patient/family care needs.
- Promotes a team-based approach in the delivery of nursing care.
- Sets and revises priorities based on patient care urgency, patient/family/staff requests, other department demands/schedules, utilizing available resources as necessary. Provides services to inpatient nursing areas to include, but not inclusive of:
- Post-procedure monitoring
- Transports to diagnostic areas
- Assist with procedures
- Transferring patients
- Support inpatient units as needed
- Performs treatments, procedures and medication/immunization administration in a professional and compassionate manner according to protocol.
- Documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner and reflects patient care provided.
- Documentation is completed in the appropriate EPIC flowsheets and within established timeframes.
- Documentation reflects assessment/evaluation, modification, and patients response to therapy, changes in condition, and therapeutic interventions/procedures.
- Provides RN with input of patient assessment for updating care plan.
- Maintains environment of care for patient/family and unit.
- Ensures patient room environment provides comfort, cleanliness, safety of the patient/family throughout shift.
- Prepares room environment for next admission and throughout patient stay with supplies/linens.
- Stocks unit supply carts and linens with appropriate supplies, as needed.
- Ensures that patients are provided with age-appropriate toys, games, equipment, and assists with routine cleaning of these items, as needed.
- Maintains unit environment (i.e. keeping hallways clear of equipment/ obstructions, maintaining patient medical records, stocking alcove areas/treatment rooms, keeping lollipop areas clear of clutter). Communicates unit environment needs to unit leadership.
- Performs clerical and receptionist duties, as needed.
- Utilizes professional etiquette in answering, screening, and directing phone calls.
- Takes initiative to greet, assist, and guide patients and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Prepares floor assignment sheets/materials for oncoming shift.
- Knowledge and experience in basic computer skills
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritization skills.
- Must have effective verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and creative thinking skills to enhance the customer experience.
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from an accredited school or university as a LPN required.
- Previous pediatric nursing experience preferred
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid LPN license for NE/IA depending on state of residency required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha