We re searching for a Pharmacy Tech, to perform duties under the direct supervision of a staff pharmacist and/or Pharmacy Administrative Team and within the scope of practice as defined by the State of Nebraska. Duties may include: accurate and timely medication purchasing, preparation, labeling and delivery; maintenance of appropriate and accurate stock supplies and medication inventory levels in designated areas, assistance in Administrative support and contributes to maintaining a cooperative work environment.
- Responsible for accurately preparing, labeling, and delivering medications in a timely manner.
- Appropriately manages technology in the day-to-day preparation, labeling and delivery of pharmaceutical care.
- EPIC system
- Pyxis system
- DoseEdge system (preparation software and scanners)
- EM2400 Baxter Compounder
- MILT medication labeling system
- Electronic variance reporting system
- Retrieval of Policy and Procedures from the Intranet
- Electronic drug information resources
- Compounds topical, oral, intravenous admixtures and antineoplastic drug therapies following established pharmaceutical production standards of practice as developed by the department and consistent with national standards in a consistent, accurate and timely manner.
- Addresses customer service issues in a timely manner, including answering phones, directing calls, greeting visitors, and responding to questions in the Pharmacy.
- Responsible for maintaining established stock levels of medications within the pharmacy as well as other patient care areas.
- Mathematical skills necessary for algebraic conversions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Verbal and written communication skills sufficient/necessary to receive and deliver information accurately among pharmacy staff and others.
- Previous experience in health care area or unit dose medication preparation helpful but not required.
- Good typing keyboard/computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience working a hospital pharmacy setting preferred
- Current and valid registration with the State of Nebraska is required.
- Pharmacy Technician certification from a recognized national or local certification board required within one year of registration.
- Successful completion of security check in compliance with requirements set by the State of Nebraska required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha