Schedule: M-F 8a-5p. We are currently search for a Patient Scheduler to facilitate the scheduling process for clinic patients and will obtain essential information for registration, scheduling and insurance referral. This position provides customer service to patients, care providers and others through effective, timely communication such as telephone triage, email and written correspondence. The Patient Scheduler performs other scheduling duties as requested.
- Schedules clinic appointments accurately through obtaining appropriate patient demographics and soliciting information necessary to schedule appropriately.
- Ensures accurate scheduling of the patient with the correct MD, clinic, and studies. Identifies if it is a return/new patient.
- Schedules appointments accurately through obtainment of appropriate patient demographic and insurance information, identifying all payment sources prior to visit as appropriate.
- Ensures good customer service by giving the caller options for time and date of appointment, if possible.
- Repeats appointment date, time and providers name prior to ending call.
- Accurately enters clinic appointment into Cadence.
- If PCP is making an appointment for a new patient, ensures copy of medical records is sent to clinic.
- Requests referral from PCP at the time of scheduling the appointment.
- Updates registration when patients information changes.
- Maintains an accurate patient information system.
- Schedules interpreters for patients as needed.
- Coordinates patient scheduling for tests, procedures and surgeries.
- Coordinates the patient schedule with the appropriate department or OPDS.
- Completes necessary paperwork for procedure/Access department and completes in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the information to be given to the patient regarding the test/procedure.
- Notifies the appropriate clinic staff of the patient schedule.
- Demonstrates positive customer service when greeting patients, care providers and others through clinic visit discharge and electronic communication. Greet patient/families and other customers in a warm, courteous, positive manner, identifying self.
- Ensures information in system is accurate and complete.
- Provides schedules for the day to be posted and available prior to first patients arrival.
- Miscellaneous job responsibilities pertinent to the workflow of the position.
- Maintains and works patient waiting list.
- Reminder letters for routine follow-up appointments mailed prior to scheduled appointment according to specialty standards.
- Reminder calls for clinic appointments are made prior to scheduled appointment according to specialty standards.
- Appropriate staff notified via email of add-ons or cancellations if appointment is within 5 business days.
- Distributes schedules to appropriate staff.
- Maintains provider templates in Cadence.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Skill in typing and usage of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum of two years experience in office or clinical setting or education as a medical assistant.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha