Pediatric Infectious Disease Physician
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, with the University of Nebraska Medical Center, is currently recruiting a Pediatric Infectious Disease physician (M.D., M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent) at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank. Our Pediatric Infectious diseases division has 2 clinical services: General Pediatric ID and Immunocompromised/Transplant ID. We are currently recruiting for the General Pediatric ID service. The successful candidate will share in the clinical and research responsibilities of the division and will be expected to develop scholarship in their individual area of interest. The faculty member will also participate in student, resident, and fellow education. Specific skills and interest in EMR optimization and development of telehealth capabilities are desirable.
The Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at UNMC includes 10 faculty, an active Pediatric ID fellowship and clinical and research support staff. This is a unique opportunity with potential to advance a strong clinical and academic career in Pediatric Infectious Disease. The successful candidate will hold a faculty appointment at the University of Nebraska Medical Center commensurate with rank and experience. Candidates will be expected to be Board-eligible or Board-certified in Pediatrics and in Pediatric Infectious Diseases and eligible for licensure in the state of Nebraska.
The department of pediatrics at UNMC is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all candidates who will contribute to the diversity and excellence at both Children’s Hospital and UNMC. https://www.unmc.edu/pediatrics/residency/Inclusion-Care.html
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center is the only full-service, pediatric healthcare center in Nebraska, providing expertise in more than 50 pediatric specialty services to children across a five-state region and beyond. As the region’s pediatric healthcare leader, we’re dedicated to exceptional care, advocacy, research and education.
- We are home to Nebraska’s only Level IV regional Newborn Intensive Care Unit and the state’s only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
- Our regional heart center offers expertise in pediatric heart transplantation.
- Children’s is recognized as a Best Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report in the following pediatric specialties: Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Pulmonology & Lung Surgery and Urology.
- The Child Health Research Institute was established in 2017 and aims to assist investigators with start-up funding and infrastructure for clinical, basic science or translational research.
- The new Hubbard Center for Children is home to an additional 100 patient beds, an expanded NICU, a dedicated Cardiac Care Unit, a new Cancer & Blood Disorders Unit, expanded surgical space, an expanded Radiology and Emergency Department and more.
With a population of nearly one million, Omaha offers all the amenities of a big city with the warmth of the Midwest. The area is rich in arts and cultural activities and is home to a world-class zoo that appeals to children and adults alike. Greater Omaha has an outstanding educational system of public and private schools and is home to numerous universities and colleges. In addition to the many collegiate sports, Omaha hosts the Olympic Swim Trials, the Olympic Curling Trials and the College World Series. All of this, combined with a diverse economy with multiple Fortune 500 companies, makes for an extraordinary quality of life.
Nominations, expressions of interest and applications (including cover letter and CV/resume) should be submitted to: Christin Zbylut, Administrator, Physician & Faculty Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.955.8344. All replies will be treated with confidentiality.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha