$1,500 Referral bonus
We re searching for a Patient Access Specialist who's responsible for greeting and checking in families and other customers in a professional manner consistently exceeding customer service expectations. Monitor, maintain, and verify all required patient information with consistency and accuracy. Work with clinical team to ensure a team based approach to care. Ensure accurate and consistent point of service collections. Ensure a positive interaction in each patient and family encounter. May be expected to work in either the clinic location and/or in the Centralized Scheduling Center.
- Registers new patients with complete and accurate demographics according to procedure.
- Checks patients in and out. Verifies all patient/family demographic information and enters accurately in the computer at each visit. May need to electronically verify address.
- Provides, collects and accurately documents all required patient paperwork according to procedure.
- Schedules patients accurately using the automated appointment system following office protocols.
- Maintains the daily physician appointment templates at the direction and approval of the office manager and lead receptionist.
- Contacts patients/families with future appointments to confirm appointments and verify demographic and insurance information.
- Verifies patient s insurance eligibility and benefits using established automated process at each visit.
- Initiates the Children s Connect sign up process for all new or inactive patients at the beginning of each visit.
- Responds to Children s Connect appointment messaging within defined timeframes.
- Pulls patient s charts as needed, releases information as needed in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Scans documents into the electronic medical record as directed. Appends the document to the appropriate section of the record following organizational protocol.
- Collects co-pays and balances on past due accounts following organizational protocol.
- Posts payments collected directly into the computer. Completes end-of-day balancing and accurately prepares bank deposit.
- Answers patient/family questions about owed balances and/or refers to Primary Care Physician Billing as appropriate.
- Completes work queues daily to compile missing demographic and insurance information for billing purposes.
- Supports patient care quality initiatives as directed.
- Completes miscellaneous reports and letters as needed.
- Opens and distributes mail in a timely manner.
- Assembles patient packets as directed.
- Pulls and processes all fax transmittals as directed, scans patient reports as directed.
- Prepares and sends hospital charges as directed.
- Performs opening and closing duties as assigned by the office manager or designee.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new employees as requested.
- Facilitates handling of pharmaceutical representatives and vendors in accordance with office policy.
- Monitors hourly and maintains clean, organized clutter-free lobby and clean patient restrooms
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent skills in communication, listening, customer service, organization
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft operating environment
- Ability to read, write and perform arithmetic calculations
- Ability to operate basic office equipment: personal computer, automated telephone systems, scanning technology, e-signature, 10 key adding machine, copier, shredder and facsimile
- Knowledge of billing and insurance programs
- Knowledge of patient appointment scheduling systems in a medical office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum one year customer service experience required
- One year experience working in a health care or insurance setting preferred
- Basic Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association preferred within 6 months of hire date
- Based on departmental need bilingual may be required
- Based on position medical interpretation certificate may be required
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha