FT; Mon-Fri/ 8:30-5:00
We re searching for a HIM Release of Info Specialist to manage release of information requests.
- Process release of information requests from patient/parents, insurance companies, other facilities, and various requestors.
- Process ROI requests in a timely manner.
- Comply with Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and compliance requirements.
- Answers phones and respond timely.
- Customer service must be a priority and compliance with hospital behaviors upheld.
- Manage ROI requests in the electronic health record system timely. Scan and QR requests timely.
- Assist visitors and physicians.
- Comply with all facility policies and procedures for release of information.
- Maintain high quality and customer service.
- Assists with cross training of peers.
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently of direct supervision to carry out responsibilities
- Knowledge of hospital medical records management standards and principles
- Intermediate computer skills including the use of spreadsheet programs and word processing programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail and ability to organize, interpret, and present data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as this position may deal directly with the public frequently
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with healthcare records or a hospital HIM department preferred
- Associate s degree in HIM preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha