We re searching for a Staff Internal Auditor to participate in executing audit work plans, as assigned by the manager, through identifying and testing controls. Responsible for designing work papers, drafting audit reports and communicating with business partners.
- Participate in audit projects as assigned by the manager to achieve audit objectives within established time lines and with high quality results.
- Identify risk and controls within key business processes and perform an assessment to determine risks and mitigating controls.
- Assist business owners in developing and maintaining process documentation/mapping over key system process areas. Under the direction of the Internal Audit & Advisory Services Manager, provide process improvement recommendations to business owners.
- As part of audit workplan, determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations which relate to internal controls Prepare written recommendations to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment reviewed.
- Assist business leaders in developing, updating, and adhering to policies. Partner with management to ensure effective and timely communication regarding policy changes.
- Identify control gaps and partners with business owners to develop and implement remediation plans in response to audit findings. Monitor remediation plans to ensure timely resolution.
- Under the direction of the manager, perform audit procedures to verify controls are operating as designed, promptly communicating audit results to management and partnering with management to develop remediation plans.
- Prepare audit reports under the direction of the Internal Audit & Advisory Services Manager, for presentation to leadership.
- Utilize the Galvanize Robotics Data Analytics tool to perform data analytics as part of audit procedures for IT, operational, financial, and compliance audits.
- Perform continuous monitoring controls over high risk areas in Galvanize Robotics and partner with management to follow-up on all items flagged by the analytics.
- Under the direction of the Internal Audit & Advisory Services Manager, work on various initiatives to provide assurance, control recommendations, partner with management to perform control self assessment or other initiatives as necessary.
- An understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with standards.
- Strong skills in time management, relationship building, and problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of audit-related experience preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other relevant certification is preferred or will be obtained within one year of employment.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha