Schedule: Primarily weekdays rotating weekends. Some on-call required
We re searching for an MRI Technologist to perform MRI examinations for review and diagnosis by radiologists in such a manner that efficiently contributes to the mission, vision, and values of the organization and ensures quality and continuity of patient care.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of MRI scanners and ancillary equipment and information systems (RIS/HIS/PACS) used in performing these examinations. Proven competency must be documented.
- Responsible for proper identification of patients and all images with patient s name, date of birth, patient s identification number, body orientation, etc.
- Coordinates MRI examinations to ensure quality and continuity of care. To this end, may be asked to schedule inpatient, outpatient, and emergency MRI examinations as necessary.
- Assumes MRI emergency call responsibilities on a rotational basis
- Archives MRI images appropriately, i.e. PACS.
- Maintains accurate documentation for departmental and hospital records by recording neatly, accurately, and completely.
- Provides accurate and sympathetic instructions to patients and family members regarding the examination process. Explains the procedure(s) in words that are understood.
- Responsible for screening patients for contraindications that may be hazardous to their health and safety. Relates contraindications to radiologist for direction.
- Participates in training and orienting new employees and students as assigned.
- Actively participates in quality assurance and performance improvement in MRI.
- Keeps a current knowledge regarding technical developments, trends and techniques in MRI procedures and equipment. Maintains registry and licenses, through appropriate journals, workshops and seminars. Attends department meetings and educational in-services.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with co-workers, patients, family members, and general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate s degree from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology required.
- Previous experience in MRI and strong background in cross-sectional anatomy preferred pediatric experience preferred.
- Board Certified ARRT required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current license from the State of Nebraska required
- ARRT registered in MRI is required within two years of hire
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha