Part Time (0.3FTE) 11A-11P one shift/week; Every Other Weekend
We are currently searching a Stat RN to coordinate professional nursing and individualized family centered care for pediatric patients/families through the use of the nursing process and clinical skills in accordance with standards and hospital policies and procedures, as requested by the CCU staff. Promotes excellence in quality and patient safety while influencing others to move towards a common goal.
- Conducts individualized age-specific patient/family assessments according to defined unit scope and nursing practice standards, appropriate collaborative problems (CPGs)/nursing diagnoses (NDs), or protocols. (Individualized refers to the patient s developmental, cognitive, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, and educational/family influences and physical/medical care needs.)
- Admission Assessment:
- Collects and documents data related to patient s individualized care.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in assessment of patients by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient needs, knowledge of growth and development, and understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Assesses patient/family need for education and uses an individualized approach in delivery style.
- Assesses family expectations for, and involvement in the assessment and continuous care or treatment of the patient.
- Identifies nursing diagnoses, collaborative problems, and/or protocols for each patient, based on assessment, at the time of admission.
- Shift Assessment/Reassessment:
- Performs reassessment based on unit standards, CPGs/NDs, protocols and changes in patient condition. Communicates changes to appropriate persons (MD, CN, family) as indicated.
- Develops individualized patient/family plan of care using CPG/NDs, and practice guidelines/protocols to meet identified needs. (Plan of Care includes current and anticipated actions focused on care, education, discharge needs.)
- Utilizes assessment data from the healthcare team to individualize appropriate goals and actions for the patient, including collaboration with the family and the healthcare team.
- Utilizes individualized assessment data to develop the patient/family s plan of care.
- Formulates goals and outcomes based on assessment data.
- Revises plan of care based on patient s condition, interdisciplinary input, and family needs.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize patient interventions based on assessments/reassessments.
- Implements and evaluates nursing actions in accordance with the individualized patient/family plan of care and patient condition/needs.
- Oversees that the nursing and interdisciplinary plan of care/goals are coordinated, implemented, evaluated, and revised as needed. Identifies the need for interdisciplinary involvement/outside resources and follows through. Uses appropriate resources (Manager, CNS/Educator, Supervisor, CN, MD, etc.) to ensure that clinical outcomes are achieved.
- Incorporates critical thinking into the delivery of clinical skills and in analyzing patient response to orders, tests, labs, medications, and treatments.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in administering interventions according to identified standards and age specific needs.
- Provides and/or coordinates with other disciplines patient/family education according to identified care needs, considering assessment of patient/family s readiness to learn.
- Documentation reflects accurate assessment/evaluation, modification, and patient s response to therapy, changes in condition, and therapeutic interventions/procedures.
- Entries in the medical record follow hospital policy.
- Documentation is completed within established timeframes.
- Reviews and updates computerized care plan to accurately reflect the plan of care.
- Completes computerized documentation within established timeframes.
- Completes and verifies accurate order entry in the computerized care plan.
- Ensures that discharge instructions clearly state patient care needs after discharge.
- Prioritizes clinical response needs requesting stat assistance according to patient acuity needs.
- Provides STAT services in the CCU to include, but not inclusive of:
- initiating and assisting in the care of unplanned admission
- assist in admission of post-op heart,
- post-procedure monitoring,
- line insertion support,
- assist in transports to diagnostic areas,
- serving as a clinical resource,
- assist with bedside procedures,
- and an extra pair of hands for patients.
- Communicates regularly with unit CN and staff to determine and assist in needs of the unit.
- Promotes excellence in quality and patient safety while influencing others to move towards a common
- Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to identify opportunities for improvement
- Uses evidenced based methodologies to improve care, systems, and processes. Assures accountability for sustainment of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists to collect, oversee, and analyze data on quality initiatives
- Assists with analyzing Eye on Safety events to identify trends and implement plans of action
- Performs just-in-time training related to quality improvement and patient safety. Promotes the growth of critical thinking.
- Able to be self-directed with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritizing skills.
- Must demonstrate positive interpersonal skills.
- Strong clinical knowledge and background.
- Diploma, Associates, or Bachelor s degree from an accredited school of nursing required
- Minimum 3 years of experience pediatric nursing required.
- Current and valid Nebraska RN license/RN compact license required.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required, within 6 months of hire.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha