PT; Fri & Sat, 7:30 am -6:00 pm (benefit eligible); Sign-on bonus $750
We re searching for a Security Officer who is accountable for the day to day functions of security and safety within the hospital and other assigned CHS entities. Ensure compliance with Regulatory Agency requirements and provide a secure environment for patients, families, guests, and staff.
- Performs internal and external foot and/or vehicular patrols. Completes required locks and unlocks in a timely manner to provide a safe and secure environment of corporate facilities and contracted entities by following the established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Responds to all code/alarm activation s including contracted entities to effectively manage the situation through to its successful conclusion, by following established SOP s.
- Effectively controls combative, unruly or intoxicated patients, visitors, employees or trespassers, deescalating the situation using appropriate methods to achieve a desirable outcome.
- Escorts visitors between complexes, personnel/visitors to their vehicles to ensure safe, courteous, and efficient transport to destination by following department specific policies and procedures.
- Completes a detailed daily report to ensure proper documentation of work and problems or issues can be resolved in a timely and accurate manner. Outlining all action, incidents and other necessary verbal or written communications that occurred during tour of duty.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires ability to read, write, speak, and perform mathematical calculations to complete investigations, reports, and work with the public, patients, visitors, employees and staff in a professional and competent manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years experience in security role required
- Previous hospital security, civilian law enforcement, or military experience is preferred
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Certification in application of hard restraints required within 60 days of employment and annually thereafter continuously during employment.
- Defensive Tactics Trained through Human Factor Systems Training (formerly PPCT) required or ability to obtain certification within one-year of employment and maintain throughout employment.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A valid driver s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record/driving record required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha