Schedule: 7p-7a 3 shifts per week including holidays and weekends. We are currently searching for a Certified Nursing Assistant - Float, Inpatient Nursing Float Pool to provide direct care for the comfort, safety and personal needs of pediatric patients under the direction and supervision of the RN, and provides for indirect unit support needs related to supplies and equipment. Varied schedules to include weekend and holiday patterns.
Provides individualized* age-specific patient/family care, performing and/or assisting with area tests and patient care procedures as delegated by the RN, and under the supervision of the CNC. Adhering to hospital policies and procedures, provides individual patient cares according to the plan of care, delegated tasks and physician orders. (*Individualized refers to the patient s developmental, cognitive, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual and education/family influences and physician/ medical care needs.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate care for infant, toddler, preschool, school age and adolescent patients
- Utilizes patient/family input in delivering individualized patient care
- Completes delegated tasks in an appropriate time frame, based on patient needs such as vital signs, intake/output, height/weight/head circumference measurements, ADL s, preparing for patient arrival/discharge, transports, tests and assists RN/MD with procedures
- Participates with the multidisciplinary team in providing feedback/input into the patient/family care needs
- Sets and revises priorities based on patient care urgency, patient/family/staff requests, other department demands/schedules, utilizing available resources as necessary
- Documentation reflects patient care provided
- Documentation is completed within the established time frames
- Documentation is accurately completed in appropriate EPIC flowsheets
- Maintains environment of care for patient/family and unit
- Ensures patient room environment provides for the comfort, cleanliness, safety of the patient/family, at the beginning and end of shift, and throughout the shift as needed
- Prepares room environment for next admission and throughout patient stay with supplies/linens, including bedside/unit supply carts
- Performs cleaning tasks in patient rooms to include countertops, beds, phone, etc., as appropriate/needed throughout the shift
- Ensures that patients are provided with age-appropriate toys, games, infant equipment, and assists with routine cleaning of these items, as needed
- Ensures upon transfer or discharge, extra patient supplies are removed and/or credited, and the hospital equipment is returned to it s proper place
- Oversees equipment s and supplies availability in patient rooms and on the unit by ensuring equipment and supplies are properly stored, taking initiative to clean equipment and follow up on equipment maintenance needs. Communicates equipment needs to CNC/PCM.
- Maintains unit environment, i.e. keeping hallways clear of equipment/ obstructions, maintaining patient medical records by placing patient reports in charts, keeping work areas clear of clutter. Communicates unit environment needs to CNC/PCM.
- Performs clerical and receptionist duties as needed
- Utilizes professional etiquette in answering, screening and directing phone calls.
- Takes initiative to greet, assist and guide patients and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner
- Orders area supplies, including forms, as directed, to ensure adequate inventory by anticipating area usage and needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accepts assignments to share/teach knowledge, and provide support as a preceptor for new certified nursing assistant staff
- Willingly seeks opportunities to help teammates during shift, as needed
- Accepts and completes other assigned tasks in a professional manner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and experience in basic computer skills preferred
Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritization skills
Must have effective verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills
High school diploma or GED equivalent required
Experience as a nursing assistant with pediatric patients preferred
Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required
Current and valid Nurse Aide registry required unless currently a nursing student.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha