We are currently searching for a Manager for our Medical Imaging Business Operations to serve as the practice business leader for Medical Imaging and assists in accomplishing organizational and departmental strategic goals and objectives. Manages services and provides leadership for designated areas. Is responsible for assisting in process improvement plans, business and strategic planning and growth, as well as budgeting and operations processes.
- Defines operational standards, organizes department-level activities to achieve optimum service delivery/systems/care/processes, setting high performance objectives for the department. Holds self and others accountable to meet stated objectives, outcomes, goals, timetables and commitments, adhering to standards even in the face of unforeseen circumstances.
- Responsible for leading business and operations related performance improvement projects and strategic planning initiatives for assigned areas that positively support efficiency, enhancement, standardization and improvement of the area and its services.
- Assists in the development and monitors departmental productivity standards, equipment, processes as well as assuring the department s activity is maintained at or above the established standards.
- Works with various others to ensure that medical imaging is authorized and reimbursement is at the appropriate level.
- In partnership with others develops, and reviews testing/diagnostic review process for the organization. Ensures most effective, cost appropriate and clinically valid mechanisms are in effect.
- Assists in ensuring an effective patient flow throughout the departments, facility and off site clinical locations
- Ensures compliance with hospital and department policies, procedures, practices and compliance with state and federal standards established by regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates to ensure that self and on-site inspections are conducted and accreditation is accomplished.
- Communicates accurately and appropriately in written and verbal venues so as to foster quality care, customer satisfaction, and inter and intra department relationships with internal and external physicians, nursing, and all ancillary departments.
- Maintains accurate documentation for departmental and hospital records by recording neatly, accurately, and completely.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of department work processes, and serves as a ready resource to department members and customers for questions and issues that arise during operations.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Oversees and manages specific clinical and support staff as appropriate.
- Conducts employee performance management duties including completion and delivery of performance evaluations, setting goals, dissemination of information, coaching, addressing performance issues/routine correction actions, and recommending termination of employment.
- Provides schedule oversight and expectations
- Makes salary recommendations.
- Submits notifications for personnel actions (e.g., status changes, terminations).
- Makes recommendations for human resource needs
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of business plans or activities for the department. Assists in the development and implementation of plans, strategies, materials, methods to engage referring providers and support positive and constructive business relationships.
- Responsible for the creation, review and implementation of Diagnostic Utilization Review process to ensure synergy and proper utilization across the spectrum of diagnostics available at the most effective pricing and highest quality capabilities.
- Makes decisions guided by the business plan and resource availability that impacts service levels and the team s ability to meet objectives.
- Analyzes processes and procedures and makes recommendations and/or decisions on guidelines for daily processes/activities within department. May recommend policy changes related to the department. Implements new or revised policies, processes, and procedures within the work area.
- In partnership with the director, sssists in the development of the annual budgets, monitors budget variance reports for the department.
- Applies business and management expertise to identify problems/opportunities, determine solutions, and measure results.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety practices, policies, regulatory, and legal requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Position requires analytical abilities to resolve technical and employee problems.
- Proven leadership experience is strongly preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to educate, counsel and console pediatric patients and family members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university required, preference for business related field.
- 3-5 years of previous business experience, preferably in the healthcare field.
- LEAN or Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Previous management or supervisory experience in healthcare setting preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha