Schedule: 4:30 pm - 1 am, 3 days per week with every other weekend. We re searching for Food Service Assistant. The incumbent will assemble and serve meals for the patients and cafeteria customer. He/she will protect food quality by following operational procedures for food handling, food safety, and infection control.
- Supports service excellence initiatives with proactive efforts in service and service recovery and commitment to improve.
- Follows approved cafeteria menu preparation and service protocols within approved timelines. Trains to all stations within the kitchen and cafeteria to cross cover as needed.
- Maintains clean, stocked, and continuous service-ready work areas utilizing HACCP and positive food handler techniques.
- Promotes improvement in patient/customer satisfaction by providing appealing food and excellent customer service.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives, including taste testing, and displays of positive eye appeal at each service station.
- Prioritizes work duties due to patient/customer needs.
- Participates in financial management processes by carefully monitoring portion control, proper pricing, and safe storage of supplies and food.
- Monitors appropriate inventory of food and supplies by including dating, rotating products for service and documenting outages of same.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic hygiene principles.
- Knowledge of basic infection control policies and procedures.
- Skill in customer relations and service recovery.
- Skill in safe food handling.
- Ability to assess acceptable food quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work closely with professional staff.
- Ability to promote a positive dining experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Minimum 6 months food service experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Current and valid Food Handlers Certification (ANSI-accredited only) within 6 months of hire.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha