We re searching for a Compensation Manager to manage and oversee Children s compensation programs. Responsible for reviewing and modifying existing programs, ensuring these comply with current legislation, supporting the recruitment and engagement process, and managing day-to-day compensation activities. To be successful as the Compensation Manager, be passionate about developing competitive and cost-efficient programs that will assist with employee retention and attract top talent.
Program & Plan Design, Monitor Metrics and Vendor Management
- Recommend compensation programs to management by actively engaging and understanding the needs of the workforce as well as industry and regional trends.
- Support effective decision making from Management by analyzing compensation options and associated costs driven by design decisions.
- Partner with vendors and hold them accountable to ensure high performance, excellent service, and return on investment. Monitor and manage all compensation contracts.
- Achieve financial objectives by adhering to compensation budgets and departmental operational budgets; scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances.
- Prepare requested reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional and technical skills by attending relevant workshops, reviewing publications, establishing networks, and participating in professional societies.
Program Maintenance, Regulatory Compliance, Employee Satisfaction and Communication
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements. Responsible for knowing and understanding current and new legislation, seeking qualified opinions as needed and ensure adherence to these requirements. Responsible for advising management on any needed actions.
- Lead the initiatives around employee engagement and education as it relates to compensation offerings.
- Create recommendations for, plan and oversee the annual merit and bonus planning process.
- Administers executive compensation programs including producing compensation board presentation data and analysis.
Manages and provides direction to the Compensation Team
- Responsible for recruiting/hiring, orientation, training, performance evaluations, recognition, corrective action, and salary recommendations of staff in positions managed.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the department and organization in order to provide excellent customer service and to identify and implement best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable federal and state employment laws.
- Strong knowledge of compensation practices and philosophies
- Strong people and project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Demonstrated experience with various labor laws impacting employee compensation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are necessary to interact with all internal and external customers.
- Strong customer service commitment
- Bachelor s degree in Human Resources, Management, Business or other related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the human resources field, specializing in compensation.
- Supervisory and previous healthcare industry experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills along with computer skills and ability to build and manipulate complicated spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret statistical analysis
- Up to date knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local regulations impacting benefits.
- PHR/SPHR Certification preferred.
- Other professional certification (CCP) preferred
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha