Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm, We are searching for a Centralized Referral Scheduler to process all inbound referrals from internal and external referring providers. Coordinates and schedules appointments for
referrals for the SPC. Obtains essential information for registration, scheduling, and insurance. Provides customer service to patients, care providers and others through effective, timely communication such as telephone triage, email and written correspondence.
- Supports Referral Transcription for SPC specialties accurately and efficiently.
- Transcribes referral orders (electronic/fax/non-electronic) and schedules appointments into EMR system, while maintaining referral orders in work queues in a time sensitive manner.
- Secures and updates demographics, guardian and emergency contacts, guarantor and coverage information, and other patient information as needed.
- Requests referral from PCP at the time of scheduling the appointment.
- Enters signed, faxed orders to appointment and scans original to the electronic record.
- Tracks orders to close the loop with referring provider/practice.
- Schedules appointments accurately and efficiently
- Makes appointments from inbound and outbound calls and complete applicable call scheduling tasks.
- Reschedules and cancels appointments.
- Coordinates multiple and/or complex appointments.
- Schedules interpretation services as needed for appointments.
- Demonstrates positive customer service when greeting patients, care providers and others.
- Provides patient/family service instructions prior to appointment as directed by service department.
- Provides directions/maps, and parking instructions as needed.
- Assists with the daily operations of the central scheduling department.
- Actively participates in quality assurance and performance improvement activities related to referral activities.
- Provides recommendations to referral policies and procedures.
- Assists leadership in defining operational protocols for referrals.
- Notifies appropriate leader, clinic or provider if/as Service Recovery is needed to resolve customer complaint/concern.
- Assures Physician orders are linked to appointments in system
- Links system orders to appointment
- Reviews daily work queues (WQ s) to assure accuracy of appointment information and completion of needed appointments.
- Corrects own errors as identified in WQ s or by peers, leadership, or department.
- Meets productivity requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Skill in typing and usage of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year experience in Patient Scheduling or Healthcare Registration required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha