We re searching for a Transport Dispatch Specialist to perform a variety of functions in support of the communications center. Act as the point of contact for Transport calls for internal and external contacts. Perform a variety of support for incoming calls on behalf of the communications department
- Staff the Children's Hospital & Medical Center Communications Center as the Transport Communication Specialist
- Handles incoming patient transfer calls from outside hospitals following approved protocols, establishing medical control, accessing detailed critical patient information, and coordinates and dispatches all Children's Hospital Critical Care transport teams
- Documents all communication of call s received dispatch times, turn-downs in accordance with established guidelines including key components of each call including demographic information, appropriate vital signs, and referring physician notes.
- Coordinates calls with transport team, rotor-wing transports with rotor wing communication center, and fixed wing with transports with fixed wing communication center, as needed
- Coordinates trip tracking for the Children s Transport Team.
- Maintains team status and availability, notifies team and dispatches them appropriately. Informs team of all key patient and trip information in a timely manner.
- Serves as point of contact while team is out.
- Utilizes outstanding communication skills. Uses a tone and communication style that is welcoming, respectful, empathetic, and professional. Communicates effectively with physicians, nurses, and other clinicians and support staff.
- Demonstrates excellent written communication skills and computer/technology aptitude. Documents completely and succinctly, using proper grammar and approved abbreviations. Able to grasp new software programs and is comfortable with technology such as paging and text messaging.
- Takes initiative to problem solve; takes responsibility for following through on every call.
- Provides backup support for incoming calls on behalf of the Communications Center to include:
- Serves as backup to announce emergency pages as appropriate during disaster
- Serves as backup support for the command center during emergency situations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from on task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritizing skills
- Requires strong reading, listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Verbal communication skills are essential.
- Requires competency with computer skills and various software programs.
- Requires accuracy in data entry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year experience with dispatching emergent healthcare situations, emergency communications or related experience required
- EMT or Paramedic experience preferred
- Experience with two-way radios preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha