Schedule: Evening, variable hours. We re searching for a Food Service Supervisor to supervise retail and food production operations of the Kitchen & Cafeteria Department in order to accomplish organizational and departmental goals and objectives. Coordinates services and provides leadership for designated areas. Is accountable for assigned areas. Is responsible for maintaining compliance with all regulatory and accrediting standards. Leads the area to meet budgetary guidelines while serving safe and appealing food in the cafeteria and to the patients.
- Ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards
- Provide overall direction and manage the performance for the cafeteria staff, leads and other food service staff, ensuring employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource related policies and standards.
- Prioritizes and coordinates daily work activities. Provides leadership and guidance by sharing expertise with others. Approves schedules and monitors time worked.
- Trains and/or oversees the training of employees on job related tasks.
- Conducts employee performance management duties including completion and delivery of performance evaluations, setting goals, dissemination of information, coaching, addressing performance issues/routine correction actions, and recommending termination of employment.
- Submits notifications for personnel actions (e.g., status changes, terminations).
- May participate in selection, hiring, and salary recommendations.
- Ensures cost effective use of resources by identifying and implementing changes related to staff allocation and assignment, and patient/department supplies.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety practices, policies and recordkeeping standards.
- May assist with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- May participate in the implementation of business plans for the area.
- May assist with annual budget by tracking expenses and providing input for future budget needs.
- Provides direction for Patient Room Services operations in the absence of management or Room Service Supervisor.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing activities in areas assigned including food service systems, retail cash handling, merchandising, food presentation, break times, quality and cost control.
- Develop and implement retail services plan to continually improve cafeteria service, quality and profitability.
- Purchase s food and supplies utilizing established guidelines for their safe receipt and storage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic leadership and team dynamics
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and material safety data sheet information
- Knowledge of HACCP principles and food safety
- Knowledge of principles of food purchasing, inventory and accounting
- Knowledge of service recovery and customer skills
- Knowledge of food catering processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects on an on-going basis
- Ability to interact with clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Ability to adjust staffing needs based on business demand
- Skill in culinary / food preparation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in food service or culinary arts or related field required
- Minimum three years experience in the food industry required, preferably in a food production leadership role
- Current and valid Douglas County Food Handlers Certification required within six months of hire
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha