We are currently searching for an Associate Chaplain to provide spiritual and emotional support to patients, families and staff on an on-call basis for evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Provides spiritual and emotional support to patients, families and staff. Facilitate or perform religious rituals as requested. Act as a contact to community clergy according to family request and need.
- Shares responsibility in providing 24 hour emergency coverage to the hospital. Answers stat pages with 2 minutes and responds to emergencies while on-call within 30 minutes. Maintains a flexible schedule and demonstrates a willingness to adjust time to meet hospital needs.
- Acts as a member of the hospital interdisciplinary teams providing patient care in assigned areas. Refers patients to other disciplines as needed.
- Maintains professional standing and growth to refine the quality of care provided. Participates in mandatory in-services and continuing education programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by supervisor. Participates in personal faith tradition and maintains professional standing according to that system. Attends staff meetings and contributes to the development of the mission of the Pastoral and Spiritual Care Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of human behavior
- Knowledge of faith development and religious theory
- Knowledge of the principles of pastoral care
- Ability to work with families and staff with diverse spiritual understandings and needs
- Brings a calming presence to, and is comfortable in crisis situations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master s degree from an accredited school required
- Minimum of one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) preferred
- Minimum one year experience as a chaplain preferred, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Current standing in a religious tradition/denominational endorsement required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
- Professional Chaplain Board certification preferred
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha