We are currently searching for an Ophthalmic Technician to assist the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist with basic screening and administrative functions in the specialty clinic setting.
- Assists Ophthalmologist or Optometrist with the provision of eye care in the office setting
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms, reviewing the appointment schedule.
- Performs basic and routine vision screening examinations, administering eye medications, cleaning and maintaining ophthalmic instruments and assisting physicians during minor surgical and laser procedures.
- Prepares patients for eye exams and performs/assists with all tests and procedures.
- Obtain patient history, perform entrance testing, manage patient flow, and assist the doctor as needed.
- Administers and maintains proficient with lensometers, visual field testing, keratometer readings, tonometry, contact lens instruction, BAT testing, and topography.
- Maintains patient flow and returns phone calls per instruction.
- Sterilizes instruments, maintains supplies and equipment, and ensures accurate documentation
- Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
- Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical Requirements section
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Degree as an Ophthalmic Tech, Ophthalmic Medical Tech, or Ophthalmic Assistant preferred.
- One year recent Ophthalmic experience required
- Current and valid certification as an Ophthalmic Tech, Ophthalmic Medical Tech, or Ophthalmic Assistant preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Medication Aide Registration with the Nebraska State Medication Aide Registry required, within 90 days of hire.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha