Schedule: M-F 6:00am-2:30pm Schedules and supervises work activities of housekeeping staff to ensure facilities are kept in a clean and orderly condition. Assigns duties, inspects work, and investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and takes corrective action.
Long Posting Description
Assigns work duties, and inspects work to ensure quality and performance standards are met. Provides direction and advice to staff as needed.
- Prioritizes and coordinates daily work activities. Provides leadership and guidance by sharing expertise with others. Approves schedules and monitors time worked.
- Trains and/or oversees the training of employees on job related tasks.
- Conducts employee performance management duties including completion and delivery of performance evaluations, setting goals, dissemination of information, coaching, addressing performance issues/routine correction actions, and recommending termination of employment.
- Submits notifications for personnel actions (e.g., status changes, terminations).
- May participate in selection, hiring, and salary recommendations.
- Ensures cost effective use of resources by identifying and implementing changes related to staff allocation and assignment, and patient/department supplies.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety practices, policies and recordkeeping standards.
- May assist with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- May participate in the implementation of business plans for the area.
- May assist with annual budget by tracking expenses and providing input for future budget needs.
- Ensures compliance with safety and sanitation standards, completes monthly inspections of all department areas and enters results in ISIS.
- Communicates with customers, visitors and staff and investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and takes corrective action to ensure concerns are addressed and corrected.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Makes recommends for improving service and ensuring more efficient operations.
- Provides on-going coaching and counseling, as needed. Recommends disciplinary action or termination as appropriate. Serves as a role model for exemplary customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of materials, implements, and devices used in building cleaning operations.
- Ability to plan, assigns, supervise, and inspect the work of housekeeping personnel.
- Ability to instruct new employees in custodial techniques.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and MSD Data Sheets
- Working knowledge of computers, and ability to navigate within software such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum five years experience in environmental services working in a healthcare facility required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha