Schedule: 10:30 am - 7:00 pm M-F, some weekends. We re searching for Dishwasher to follow proper procedures cleaning and sanitizing dishes and cookware for Patient Room Services and Kitchen and Cafeteria. He/she will protect food quality by following operational procedures for cleaning, sanitizing, and infection control.
- Supports service excellence initiatives with proactive efforts.
- Follows approved procedures for dish room utilizing three compartment sinks for pots and pans, scrubbing as needed. Load and unload dishes through the dishwashing machine. Retrieves dirty dishes from production areas to be cleaned. Stack, store, and return dishes to their storage locations in the kitchen and cafeteria throughout the shift. Cleans Room Service carts after each use. Maintains a clean workspace throughout the shift.
- Empties garbage cans throughout the kitchen and cafeteria as needed during the shift. Empties composting trash as needed and directing by kitchen staff. Performs other cleaning tasks as assigned.
- Maintains temperature logs pertaining to the dish machine and verifies proper sanitizing solutions using appropriate testing strips. Changes chemicals, water, and three compartments sink as needed.
- Changes and maintains soda fountain CO2 and bags as needed for cafeteria customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic hygiene principles.
- Knowledge of basic infection control policies and procedures.
- Skill in customer relations and service recovery.
- Skill in safe food handling.
- Ability to assess acceptable food quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work closely with professional staff.
- Ability to promote a positive dining experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Minimum 6 months food service experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Current and valid Douglas County Food Handlers Certification required within 6 months of hire
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha