Schedule - Monday-Friday 10:30p-700a and Every Other Weekend
We re searching for a Supply Technician responsible for providing effective and efficient service to Patient Care Units and Ancillary Departments. Must demonstrate knowledge of inventory maintenance, and be able to restock inventory and par locations. Pick up and return items to decontamination room for reprocessing.
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability in using the MMIS. Utilizes the handheld terminals to replenish all inventory and par room locations on a daily basis. Pulls supplies from Central Stores and restocks the appropriate inventory/par location.
- Delivers properly requested supplies on a demand basis to the appropriate unit and/or location. Ensures any supply item being delivered is charged to the correct department as it leaves Central Supply.
- Ensures all patient chargeable items are properly labeled with a yellow charge sticker.
- Picks up supply credits from locations on nursing units and returns to Central Supply. Promptly completes all credits in the SCM patient charge system, ensuring the proper patient receives the credit.
- Notifies the Distribution Coordinator of inventory discrepancies in Central Supply storeroom. Advises Distribution Coordinator of any adjustments needed on department s par levels. Restocks Central Supply bins daily.
- Delivers medical equipment and isolettes as needed. Pick up used equipment in main hospital and deliver to decontamination room of sterile processing for cleaning.
- Rent medical equipment and beds as needed in the absence of the Distribution Coordinator.
- Responsible for delivery and pickup of traction cart to departments. Ensures traction cart is properly inventoried, stocked, and disposable traction supplies issued to user departments. Pick up used traction equipment and deliver to decontamination room of sterile processing for cleaning.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and service recovery.
- Ability to work and interact with professional staff.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Intermediate computer skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terms or supplies preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha