FT; Mon - Fri/ 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
We re searching for a Billing Customer Service Representative Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests. Responsible for successfully resolving all patient inquiries received via telephone, in-person visit or in a written format. Provides financial counseling to patients as needed.
- Interacts with customers to answer questions and concerns regarding patient accounts. Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handle issues in the best interest of both customer and organization.
- Resolves service problems by :
- Clarifying the customers complaint or inquiry
- Determining the cause of the problem
- Selecting and explaining the best resolution
- Expedites corrections and/or adjustments
- Provides follow-up to ensure resolution or directs to the appropriate area for resolution
- Records details of inquiries, comments and complaints as well as action taken
- Process patient payments using Epic or Passport; verifying credit/debit card approval
- Assists customers with financial counseling including community resources, setting up payment plans, Medicaid, and/or financial assistance programs.
- Facilitates effective communications with patients and/or their representatives. Educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts regarding making payments, understanding their benefits, understanding standard billing practices, etc.
- Work with outsource collection agencies activity and follow up; as well as works with patients and parents to resolve issues from accounts being in collection status.
- Complies with Federal and State billing requirements. Also complies with Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Electronic Data Interface (EDI) transaction formats.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently of direct supervision to carry out responsibilities
- Knowledge of customer services principles and practices
- Knowledge of hospital and professional billing, collection and reimbursement requirements and standard practice.
- Ability to review, interpret and understand managed care contracts with third-party payors.
- Intermediate computer skills including the use of spreadsheet programs and word processing programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail and ability to organize, interpret, and present data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 year of experience in customer service or help desk capacity required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with commercial or government billing and reimbursement processes required.
- Associate s degree in Billing, Coding, or HIM preferred
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha