We re searching for a Manager, Patient Services to manage a variety of patient care functions across the continuum of care for our pediatric patients. Manage and provide direction to nursing, clinical, and support staff and designated service line team members. Build and lead the multi-disciplinary service line care team for high functioning performance in collaboration with the service line director and physician leaders. Provide input to strategic plan development, responsible for the implementation and execution of strategic directives for the service line.
- Manages a variety of patient care functions across the continuum of care for the patient population served by the designated service line. Implements and executes strategic goals and initiatives for service line growth and new program development.
- Develops and monitors defined patient care and operational standards to ensure activities achieve optimum service delivery.
- Directs systems/care/processes and established high performance objectives for the department.
- Holds self and team accountable to meet stated objectives, outcomes, goals, timetables and commitments, adhering to standards even in the face of unforeseen circumstances.
- Measures and monitors service line performance, including quantitative and qualitative measures of success and acts upon results.
- Ensures that operations are consistent with federal, state, healthcare and other accrediting/regulatory bodies.
- Ensures efficient and effective day-to-day operations by adhering to sound methods of financial planning, responsible business and resource management practices and hospital policies.
- Coordination of service line space, clinic schedules, exam room allocation, and staffing coordination.
- Aware of and assisting in coordination of inter-disciplinary/specialty clinics/programs and the service line s involvement in such.
- Maintains systems to provide adequate supplies and equipment to area.
- Deals effectively with patient and family concerns, facilitating a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Makes decisions guided by the strategic plan and resource availability that impacts service levels and the team s ability to meet objectives.
- Analyzes processes and procedures and makes recommendations and/or decisions on guidelines for daily processes/activities within department. May recommend policy changes related to the department. Implements new or revised policies, processes, and procedures within the work area.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety practices, policies, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Works collaboratively/acts as a liaison between the service line and other services, departments and institutions. Develops and maintains multidisciplinary/multispecialty program(s) and service line department(s) involvement in.
- Provides input to strategic plan development
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of strategic directives for the service line.
- Collaborates with service line leadership in development of the annual budget, monitors and prepares budget variance reports for the department.
- Applies business and management expertise to identify problems/opportunities, determine solutions, and measure results.
- Manages and provides direction to nursing, clinical, and support staff and designated service line team members. Builds and leads the multi-disciplinary care team for high functioning performance in collaboration with the Service Line Director and physician leaders
- Selects/hires employees and trains and/or oversees the training on job related tasks.
- Monitors progress of orientees/preceptors
- Conducts employee performance management duties including completion and delivery of performance evaluations, setting goals, dissemination of information, coaching, addressing performance issues/routine correction actions, and recommending termination of employment.
- Makes salary recommendations.
- Submits notifications for personnel actions (e.g., status changes, terminations).
- Makes recommendations for human resource needs.
- Manages staffing levels in accordance with agreed upon staffing benchmarks, understands and clearly explains any variances.
- Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards for inpatient and outpatient dialysis programs
- Ability to build and lead a multidisciplinary care team across the continuum
- Strong collaboration skills at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing required
- Master s degree in Health Administration or Business Administration from an accredited college or university or related field required, equivalent work experience may substitute for education
- Minimum five years experience in in nursing required, preferably in a pediatric environment
- Current and valid Nebraska RN license/RN Compact license required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required
- Current and valid Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required, within 6 months of hire
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha