We re searching for a Network Architect II who is responsible for a variety of very complex tasks including the architecture, design, installation, and administration of Children s computer networks as well as the establishment of comprehensive, high-quality procedures for managing those networks in an enterprise environment, including the enterprise wireless network. Explicit focus on architecture and engineering using analytic methods. Develop network requirements, standards, and researches new products. Analyze engineers and executes software functions for telecom voice and data networks. Work independently on a variety of complex tasks. Administer network operating systems and database of users.
- Creates complete network architectures that provide end-to-end application solutions; provides advanced network designs; recommends how network systems could evolve to maintain compatibility with industry standards; uses input from statistical sampling techniques to forecast network changes.
- Provides the analysis, design, and oversight of network and/or systems architecture and configuration. Identifies new requirements for the network and/or systems architecture, sub-systems, and services based on business, operational, marketing, or other requirements.
- Leads technical projects according to Children s Project Management methodology. Documents projects and activities in accordance with applicable standards and prescribed procedures and processes for the development, operation, and maintenance of the data network and related systems.
- Obtains candidate solutions based upon identified requirements for the data network and/or related systems and for evaluating those solutions against measurable parameters derived from those requirements. Recommends and implements preferred solution based on that evaluation and the review of other engineering team members.
- Deploys new data network components and configurations and related data network systems and services. Includes design and configuration of network and related systems and components, creation of test plans and procedures, documentation of the operation, maintenance and administration of any new systems or services, coordination with Operations for assistance in deployment activities, testing, training requirements, etc.
- Develop, implement, promote and enforce the fullest scope of architectural responsibility for all network and telecommunications systems, using existing life cycle methodologies and project management standards.
- Provides technical expertise in various deployed systems/services for troubleshooting assistance, operational guidelines, system capacity and performance analysis, configuration optimization, etc. Develops and provides mentoring and training to less senior staff.
- Maintains department unique applications and databases and ensures the latest versions are in use and that maintenance support has been secured for them. Maintains oversight of Active Directory database and provides guidance to Helpdesk as needed. Removes departed users and ensures appropriate disposition of their files.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge, skill and ability to plan, design and engineer local and wide area networks
- Knowledge, skill and ability to manage technical projects from design to implementation
- Knowledge of the principles of network administration, local and wide area communications, personal computers and peripherals.
- Knowledge of file servers, network data switches and other devices that comprise local and wide area network
- Skill in the operation and maintenance of file servers, personal computers, routers, switches, network operating systems, and the installation and where required, the maintenance of the applications that run on these devices.
- Skill in the application of the Microsoft products and their use in our environment.
- Skill in generating and interpreting test results.
- Ability to generate and execute procedures and plans that facilitate operational changes as they occur.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective planning, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in Networking, Computer Science or related field required, equivalent work experience network administer or design experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of five years experience maintaining and operating personal computers, network operating systems, communications devices (routers, switches, hubs), associated hardware and software required.
- Minimum of five years experience engineering and designing communications and network solutions preferred.
- Based on departmental need the following may be required.
- Database maintenance skills
- Microsoft/Cisco Certifications preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha