FT, Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm
We re searching for a Home Care Liaison who will work in partnership with physicians, nurse case managers and bedside nurses to coordinate patient care for patients with identified homecare needs/services. Promotes efficient and effective service delivery through enhanced communication and coordination of patient specific homecare needs. Ensures established standard of nursing care and expected patient outcomes are achieved in a timely manner while facilitating appropriate resource utilization and enhancing patient/customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a liaison between referral sources and homecare systems to facilitate patient homecare planning and early needs identification.
- Identifies homecare needs, discusses and offers the provider disclaimer letter and the homecare company/provider options with the parent/caregiver, utilizing individualized assessment data to develop and maintain the appropriate patient/family s plan of care.
- Maintains availability on hospital units, emergency room, ambulatory clinics, physician offices and other appropriate facilities to coordinate homecare planning for referred patients.
- Obtains physician referral orders for patients who require homecare services.
- Incorporates an individualized patient/family plan of care to meet identified homecare needs.
- Formulates goals and outcomes based on assessment data.
- Prioritizes patient interventions based on assessments/reassessments.
- Attends and participates in meetings to incorporate homecare services into patients discharge plans (e.g., Children s Home Healthcare morning reports, hospital rounds, clinical case conferences, staff meetings, etc.)
- Coordinates with nursing case management and other team members to facilitate homecare planning.
- Works with patient/families to assess needs related to discharge plans, and to establish preliminary expectations of care delivery with family, ensuring they are actively involved or represented in the homecare plan of care.
- Coordinates with parent/caregiver chosen homecare organization to get the patient the needed homecare services available timely and effectively.
- Completes each homecare referral, projection of patients needs and appropriate documentation.
- Maintains current knowledge of community resources, equipment suppliers and vendors and other health care providers to develop realistic and workable homecare plan.
- Educates individualized patient/family concerning plan of care for homecare services or equipment and patient condition/needs, ensuring the plan of care and goals are coordinated, implemented, evaluated, and revised as needed
- Identifies the need for interdisciplinary involvement/outside resources and follows through, providing appropriate resources to families/care givers to ensure that clinical outcomes are achieved.
- Assesses patient response to homecare orders, homecare tests, homecare labs, medications, and treatments.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in administering interventions according to identified standards and age specific needs.
- Provides and/or coordinates with other disciplines the patient/family education according to identified care needs, considering assessment of patient/family s readiness to learn.
- Verifies that caregivers feel competent and independent to perform all necessary functions to care for the child.
- Ensures documentation is completed in accordance within established timeframes and reflects accurate assessment/evaluation, modification, and patient s response to therapy, changes in condition, and interventions.
- Ensures homecare discharge instructions clearly state patient homecare organizations rendering patient care after discharge.
- Responsible for the homecare patient education for homecare equipment & services through the development, implementation, and evaluation of CHHC patient education materials.
- Creates homecare education that incorporate adult learning strategies, ethical principles, critical thinking skills, open communication, and collaborative relationships.
- Responsible for submitting monthly and quarterly referral data.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of pediatric nursing and homecare.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong customer service skills both in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge and experience with computers/word processing/spreadsheets.
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating nursing prioritization of skills.
- Self directed and attentive to details.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing required.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing clinical experience required, preferably in pediatrics.
- Nursing experience in homecare preferred.
- Current and valid Nebraska RN license/RN Compact license required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification preferred.
- Certified Pediatric Nurse certification preferred.
- Must have valid driver s license with an acceptable motor vehicle driving record and ability to provide own transportation required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha