FT, Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm
We re searching for an Intake Representative to receive information for new or existing patients from referral source or parent/caregiver. Complete insurance verification, authorizations, patient registration, develops delivery ticket(s) for warehouse items/products and incorporates the information into the computer software system.
- Receives information on new or existing patients with new service(s) from the referral source either by a phone call or faxed order.
- Receives and enters orders in the computer software for supplies, and equipment pick up delivery tickets.
- For each patient there is an insurance verification and eligibility check.
- Ensure insurance eligibility check is documented.
- Obtains verbal or written prior authorizations for all services in a timely manner and records the authorization in the computer software.
- Notifies all parties involved of insurance coverage levels, or lack thereof.
- Registers new patients in the computer system with complete and accurate information.
- For each subsequent parent/caregiver contact verifies the patient address, phone number and insurance (eligibility check) with the parent/caregiver.
- Daily multiple reviews of the Enterprise list for:
- Incoming faxes; reviews the list and completes physician requests for product services. Assigns the fax to the appropriate patient. As needed, completes steps in section one for new patients or new service referrals.
- Incomplete orders; contacts clinical departments for any needed information on new orders that are held in the Incomplete order list. If the order is pending a future start date, then the insurance verification, assessment for authorization may be completed prior to the start date.
- Authorization tracking; obtains the needed authorization at the beginning of service. Reassesses the need for further authorizations at the end of the authorization.
- Patients to Contact; new orders: these are new orders/referrals where the Intake Representative/Customer Service Representative verifies insurance, completes an eligibility check, assesses insurance need for authorization for the requested service, and documents this information into a progress note.
- Patients to Contact Recurring Supplies; on a daily basis reviews patients who need their ongoing monthly supply order. Contacts the parent/caregiver and reviews the patient address, phone number, insurance, checks eligibility, assesses need for authorization and obtains the needed supply list, in order to prepare the delivery ticket and print it to the warehouse. Documents the above review in a progress note. Updates ICD-10 codes, demographics, and insurance information on patients as necessary.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all CHHC S products and services.
- Maintains positive, professional communication and relationships with all referral sources, third-party payers, patients, physicians, families, caregivers, departments and staff, other healthcare providers and interdisciplinary team members.
- Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
- Performs physical requirements as described in the Physical Requirements section
- Serves as backup to the receptionist covering lunches and vacations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to use computers, fax machines and copiers.
- Must have the ability to work independently to effectively and efficiently perform assigned duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting required.
- Experience with medical insurance plans and types of benefit coverage preferred.
- Familiar with ICD-10, CPT and HCPC coding preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha