We re searching for a Clinical Education Resource RN - Hematology and Oncology to promote excellence in the care of pediatric patients by advancing the quality and scope of nursing practice through evaluation of clinical care, consultation, education, collaboration, leadership, research, and advocating for change as needed. Works in partnership with providers and other disciplines to . ensure consistency and best practice in education for learners, staff, patients and families for all conditions, diagnoses, and procedures related to Service Line specialties Ensures the established standards of care and expected outcomes are achieved in a timely manner while facilitating appropriate resource utilization and enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Serves as an educational expert in developing, implementing, delivering and evaluating staff education. Coordinates and collaborates with appropriate resources (i.e. providers, leadership team, CNS/educator s from other arecontent experts, organizational development) to analyze staff education needs in order to lead the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of comprehensive continuing education programs for staff, and community.
- Creates, delivers, and evaluates service-line specific education for staff, based on role specific education needs assessment, staff/leader requests; gaps identified through performance improvement processes, department direction, variance trends or trends identified in current literature.
- Education activities reflect identified needs of the target audience and/or organizational priorities related to service line.
- Designs and documents, for educational activities as needed, a needs assessment, description of target audience, educational objectives, content outline, teaching methods, evaluation strategies and designation of appropriate resources (i.e., room arrangements, AV equipment, handouts, other teaching aids).
- Incorporates adult learning strategies, ethical principles, critical thinking skills, professional growth, open communication, and collaborative relationships into teaching and engages learners with delivery style.
- Collaborates with area educators to ensure that staff orientation checklists and skills validation methods incorporate current service line standards of care and quality patient care priorities.
- Develops or provides educational materials or offerings to the community as needed.
- Collaborates with service line leaders to ensure service line standards of care for patients across the continuum and related policies/procedures are relevant and evidence-based.
- Standardize all current, policies, procedures related to the service line across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with clinical managers and area educators across the continuum to mentor and teach relevant staff to gain competency in caring for service line patients.
- Develops staff-specific education related to service line, including new multidisciplinary programs within the service line and surgical/diagnostic procedures.
- Serves as a resource for clinical educators for operationalizing orientation programs for consistency and quality.
- Assist providers in pathway development and teaching across the enterprise Shares pathways, protocols, and patient education with specialty specific entities and referring providers.
- Develops education for enterprise-wide RNs, MAs, CNAs new employees and all other relevant learners specific to the locations in which they provide care to service line patients (Children s Physicians, Children s Home Health Care, Emergency Department, Inpatient, etc.)
- Coordinates annual house-wide continuing education presentation in relation to service line education topic(s) based on identified needs. Collaborates with established CNE and CME coordinators as appropriate.
- Professionally seeks opportunities to help teammates as needed.
- Accepts assignment to support nursing students (both undergraduate and graduate students).
- Works collaboratively with the healthcare team to ensure care coordination is timely and efficient.
- Develops and implements process for outpatient education (i.e. class).
- Routinely rounds on families and staff to evaluate additional educational needs and provide further education and support to the families.
- Works with Patient Education Specialist when needed on:
- Processes to create, update, standardize and maintain an educational program for patients and families in collaboration with the service line medical team..
- Enhancing existing education and development of new multimodal patient education materials (print, video, web-based); coordinating with tablet usage in clinic and assigning via Children s Connect as follow up.
- Developing patient education materials and implementation plan for low volume, high risk procedures/surgeries that are new to the organization.
- Supports performance improvement and evidence-based practice (EBP) projects related to pediatric service line patients to ensure care is based on the most current evidence.
- Uses formal tools and structures to conduct performance improvement projects and EBP projects to improve service line patient care.
- Collaborates with service line leaders and identified groups to incorporate new evidence-based findings and new knowledge into clinical practice into department/organizational processes under development/review.
- Disseminates internally new knowledge gained through EBP and Performance Improvement activities.
- Strong pediatric clinical nursing knowledge and background.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in applying the nursing process, nursing skills, performance improvement, nursing evidence-based practice and research into patient care, teaching, and systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to include the use of computer technology in program presentations and/or data analysis.
- Ability to be self-directed, with minimum supervision, and detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritization skills.
- Bachelor s degree in nursing from an accredited program required. Graduate degree (master s or doctorate in nursing or related field i.e., education, clinical systems, or administration) must be obtained within5 years of hire.
- Experience in nursing education and/or project management preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in nursing required, preferably in pediatrics.
- Current and valid RN license required.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Current and valid PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) required, within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced certification in CPHON within one year of meeting eligility requirements
- Chemo/Biotherapy trained and instructor certificate obtained within one year of hire
- PALS Instructor obtained within 1 year of hire
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha