Scheudle 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. We re searching for a Vision Screening Coordinator to coordinate and oversee vision mobile mass screening events, all preparations meetings and trainings to support efficient and effective screenings to support Children s vision needs
- Coordinate and oversee vision mobile mass screening events, all preparations meetings and trainings to support efficient and effective screenings to support Children s vision needs
- Facilitate communication between Children s and our many community partners
- Provide resources and information to schools, school districts, community partners, and stakeholders with which we partner
- Work closely with school personnel to maximize parental consent rates, and actively engage stakeholders in problem-solving to continually improve related processes
- Collaborate with schools to customize vision screening protocols, and disseminate across operational partners
- Prepare promotional and informational materials and/or narratives for various audiences including school nurses, teachers, parents and students
- Promote vision health among school personnel, parents and students through facilitated discussions, trainings, and meetings
- Inventory and monitor required supplies and equipment to ensure appropriate levels are maintained and functional
- Help prepare reports for internal and external distribution
- Perform a variety of general office duties
- Manage Vision Collaborative to include scheduling meetings with community partners and service as liaison between CHMC and vision community (providers, health centers, organizations, etc.).
- Serve as train the trainer for Plux Optix for schools and/or organizations.
- Program Evaluation - focusing on ensuring the targeted population is reached throughout the continuum of care from screening to corrective lenses and advanced medical care if needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence, and knowledge of professional email etiquette
- Ability to speak effectively before individuals, groups, and employees of the organization
- Ability to adapt and problem-solve in real-time, and apply creative thinking to support positive outcomes
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, mindful of deadlines, and ability to anticipate and positively address issues that arise
- Effective collaborator and eager to work on a team
- Ability to proficiently operate a personal computer, Windows Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Bachelor s degree in health, social work, education or related field required
- Minimum 2 years of program coordination, project mgmt., or related experience required.
- Current and valid BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required, within 30 days of hire.
Special Job Requirements
- A valid driver s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record/driving record required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha