Schedule - Varies Mon -Friday Days, Part Time. We re searching for a Healing Touch Practitioner who will perform personalized and professional healing touch services to patients
- Provides healing touch services to patients according to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice provided by the Healing Touch International Inc.
- Creates a caring, safe, trusting environment, both physically and emotionally, for the Healing Touch session.
- Obtains an energy assessment that serves as background to guide the interventions
- Documents sessions clearly and concisely while maintaining confidentiality
- Creates opportunities for empowerment to patient and the family by teaching simple healing touch techniques they may use.
- Remains within the boundaries, licensures and scope of practice
- Maintains up-to-date on practices and trends within the Healing Touch community.
- Participates with the Hand in Hand/Palliative Care team in enhancing the services provided
- Provides education throughout the organization on the efficacy of Healing Touch and providing or facilitating training of staff on HT therapies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to remain calm and in control during emergencies or other stressful situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interacts effectively and professionally with patients and coworkers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Level 5 Healing Touch training required
- Previous experience working in a holistic care pediatric or hospital environment preferred.
- Current and valid certification as a Healing Touch practitioner required
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha