PT, 20hrs; Mon-Fri 8am to 12pm
We are searching for an Inventory Control Specialist, responsible for inventory control, procurement and management of department supplies for assigned department/area. Builds relationships with vendors and other organizations to obtain supplies in appropriate quantities at the best possible price. Maintains records and dynamically adjusts par values as appropriate. Performs a variety of reporting duties to ensure appropriate supply utilization. Work closely with Value Analysis/Purchasing to improve department supply performance. Ensures accuracy of all patient supply charge items.
- Orders and maintains inventory supplies for the provision of the assigned department/area for Children s Hospital & Medical Center
- Adjusts quantities based on minimums or usage requirements utilizing appropriate supply chain management techniques
- Effectively communicates with assigned department/area and MM staff to provide for supply needs .Reviews orders for completeness, ensuring order acceptance, backorders and appropriate pricing
- Verifies all stock items issued to patients are accurate. All adjustments are completed on a timely basis, (i.e. ASAP), to maintain an accurate inventory with an annual variance of no more than 0.5%
- Reviews inventory levels to determine appropriateness of inventory items, item attributes, (reorder points/reorder quantities), in order to maintain high service levels and minimize stock outs.
- Verifies the accuracy of the inventory receiving process. Reviews Ordering system to analyze and make necessary adjustments to receipt process errors.
- Works collaboratively with VA/Purchasing to ensure proper pricing and terms.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies as soon as possible with appropriate vendor
- Makes correction or change to purchase orders through receipts or invoice authorization
- Keeps appropriate invoice documentation in electronic filing system prior to forwarding to finance for payment.
- Communicates with the Materials Management and HH Distribution Manager supply item shortages, changes in products, deleted products and pricing updates.
- Maintains up to date shortage/backorder listing for department staff and MM management team.
- Works with VA to identify suitable alternatives for evaluation by clinical department and MM management team
- Provides supply updates on a routine basis and communicates anticipated shortage timelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with the supply process and distribution phases of inventory management in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of computerized inventory management and contract compliance procedures.
- Analytical and negotiating skills
- Mathematical skills necessary for algebraic conversions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Verbal and written communication skills sufficient/necessary to receive and deliver information accurately among Lab and MM staff and others.
- Experience with typing keyboard/computer.
- Ability to prioritize time and tasks according to the needs of patients and the department with minimum supervision and direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous purchasing/inventory control preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terms or supplies preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha