Monday - Friday 1:00 - 9:30 pm
We re searching for a Supply Technician OR responsible for providing and maintaining the stock and non-stock disposables supplies that are stored in the OR Sterile Core and areas related to the OR. Accountable for providing effective and efficient service to Surgical Services and related areas. Must demonstrate knowledge of inventory maintenance, and be able to restock inventory and par locations. Pick up and return items to decontamination room for reprocessing. Adhere to hospital and/or departmental policies and procedures, and other regulatory agencies, (e.g. JCAHO, OSHA).
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability in using the MMIS. Utilizes the handheld terminals to replenish all inventory and par room locations on a daily basis. (Core, Anesthesia, and Procedure Room) Pulls supplies from Central Stores and restocks the appropriate inventory/par location. Checks and ensures all surgical supplies are properly maintained and rotated to safeguard that there are no outdated supply items in our inventory locations.
- Utilizes the handheld terminals or MMIS to reorder non-stock OR inventory and restocks to appropriate OR location. Manage the OR open order report and work collaboratively with the Surgical Buyer to ensure the non-stock items are ordered and received in a timely manner.
- Responsible for active maintenance of the Sterile Core Par Levels adjusting the par levels as needed. Notifies the Inventory Control Clerk of inventory discrepancies in Central Supply storeroom. Restocks Central Supply bins as needed.
- Prepares, maintains, and distributes scheduled and emergency surgical case carts to ensure adequate supplies for patient care and departmental needs. Appropriately issues the items through the Lawson MMIS.
- Cleans and delivers medical equipment and isolettes as needed following the established procedures and protocols.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work closely with professional staff.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and service recovery.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Basic Computer skills preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terms or supplies preferred.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha