We re searching for a Radiologic Technologist to facilitate quality patient care by performing radiological exams, perform phlebotomy, and simple laboratory exams as requested. Render appropriate care specific to the patient, to ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment, as outlined in the age specific criteria.
- Performs initial patient/family intake as outlined in specific standards in an appropriate time frame.
- Prepares patient rooms for admission.
- Collects initial and ongoing data on patients as directed by the RN using the clinic standards to provide baseline information for the plan of care and documents.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in data collection of patients by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient needs, knowledge of growth and development, and understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Facilitates patient flow under the direction of the RN.
- Reports information to the appropriate person(s) in an appropriate time frame and documents data
- Performs routine radiographic examinations as requested by physicians to facilitate diagnosis in accordance with department procedure manual; technique charts; and initial patient assessment to include the following:
- Room preparation to include equipment set-up; supplies, immobilization devices, lead shields, isolation procedure requirements, and sterile technique when warranted.
- Patient/parent education to allay apprehension and elicit cooperation during the exam.
- Transports patients to and from the radiology area to facilitate timely completion of patient exams as requested.
- Calculating and selecting proper technical factors, positioning, and film markings based on patient age, physical condition and suspected pathology.
- Processing radiographs and evaluating them for technical quality.
- Preparing radiographs for interpretation by Radiologist; recording pertinent patient data, and dating films.
- Maintains documentation logs.
- Retrieves film reports as requested.
- Implements care activities according to Physician/RN direction in order to facilitate improvement in patient s condition.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate care for infant, toddler, preschool, school age and adolescent patients.
- Provides cares in accordance with standards, hospital policies and procedures.
- Interacts with patient/family according to child s developmental level and identified needs.
- Considers cultural, cognitive, emotional, and social influences on the patient/family s ability and readiness.
- Performs lab controls at designated times and logs information in appropriate areas.
- Provides cares in accordance of physicians orders and the RN s request and carries out these cares within the plan of care.
- Performs or assists with unit tests and procedures accurately and in a timely manner as directed by the RN, documents and reports results.
- Ensures proper functioning and order of the work area to present a professional image by notifying manager of equipment failures, and monitoring inventory of supplies used.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion to comply with infection control regulations and to present a professional environment to patients/families by disinfecting rooms and transport devices after each patient use, and cleaning toys as recommended by infection control.
- Performs routine lab examinations as requested by the physician to facilitate diagnosis in accordance with department policy and procedure manual. Collects specimens and operates laboratory equipment in accordance with established policy to perform procedure requested.
- Obtains desired specimen with minimal attempts (<3).
- Maintains the sterility of the specimen and collects adequate amounts required for testing.
- Enters all lab results into the computer.
- Operates lab equipment successfully.
- Accepts assignments to share/teach knowledge and provide clinical support as a preceptor for new staff.
- Maintains proper functioning of equipment by performing scheduled quality activities, and requesting service as needed.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to ensure continuity of patient s exams by obtaining registration information and completing patient charts according to established procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to provide a pleasant and welcoming appearance to all with which you come in contact.
- Skill in performing blood collection in pediatric patients.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all age groups-patients, families, and peers.
- Associates degree or certificate from an AMA approved school in Radiologic Technology or related field required
- Minimum 2 years experience as a radiological tech in a patient care setting preferred
- Experience with pediatric patients is preferred
- Must be ARRT registered or board eligible, and pass registry within one year of completion of training required.
- Current and valid Radiologic Technologist license from the State of Nebraska required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition & Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire, unless another position held by the incumbent requires PALS. Employees hired prior to July 24, 2019 are required to obtain PEARS by July 24, 2020.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha