We re searching for a Medical Assistant who is responsible for assisting the physician in caring for our patients and families in accordance with Children s Physicians protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assists in the assessment of the health status of individuals including the delivery of patient care to patients and families under the direction of RN or LPN.
- Performs treatments, procedures, diagnostic testing and medication/immunization administration in a compassionate manner under the direction of a licensed practitioner.
- Collects data regarding patient s vital signs and growth and development when interviewing patients/families in the office.
- Coordinates the scheduling of diagnostic tests and procedures with the patient/family, physicians/hospitals and the insurance companies as directed by the provider.
- Assists the physician or pediatric nurse practitioner in patient teaching as directed or according to clinic protocol.
- Demonstrates knowledge and provides care based on age-specific or developmental milestones for infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent according to protocol.
- Completes all required patient care documentation and reporting in accurate and timely manner within the electronic medical record.
- Responds appropriately in crisis situations or life threatening emergencies.
- Takes direction from the physician or pediatric nurse practitioner in the delivery on patient care.
- Assists with clerical duties as directed by the office manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program or current and valid national certification as a Medical Assistant (NCMA) required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required
- Current and valid Medical Assistant (AAMA) certification preferred
- Current and valid Medication Aide Registration with the Nebraska State Medication Aide Registry required, within 90 days of hire
Ref CL 9779
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha