We are currently searching for a Clinic RN to coordinate and delegate professional nursing care to patients in a variety of outpatient clinics throughout the Specialty Pediatric Center, through the use of nursing process and in accordance with CHMC hospital policies and procedures. Meets job specific standards and demonstrates competency in nursing skills specific to daily assignments identified by Nursing Manager.
- Conducts holistic age-specific patient/family assessments upon visit according to defined standards. Ongoing patient/family assessments/reassessments are completed according to the appropriate protocols and unit standard of care.
- Collects and documents data related to patient s physical, mental, developmental, emotional and social condition.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in assessment of patients by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patients needs, knowledge of growth and development, and understanding the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Assesses family expectations for, and involvement in the assessment and continuous care or treatment of the patient.
- Able to meet families expectations during their visit to the clinic.
- Communicates plan of care to the patient/family so they can understand.
- Ongoing patient/family assessments are completed according to protocol and unit standard of care.
- Documentation and evaluation of nursing actions
- Chart audits conducted meets JCAHO and organizational expectations. Must meet overall goal of 95%.
- (FER, Clinic problem list, signatures, pain assessment etc).
- Facilitates timely communication to/from patient/family and other healthcare disciplines; answers patient care related questions, requests etc. Phone calls are returned in the same business day received.
- Reviews patient charts as assigned to facilitate coordination of care by assuring completion of tests, consultations and procedures, interdisciplinary follow-up and referrals as needed for the clinic visit.
- Follows up on tests, lab results, thoroughly and within established time frames. Lab tests are followed up on within 48 hours after test results obtained.
- Considers cultural, cognitive, emotional, and social influences on the patient/families ability and readiness to learn.
- All teaching is documented on the FER to include understanding of topics taught.
- Provider Support
- Gathers patient information in a timely, concise, thorough manner and conveys this to the MD.
- Assists MD in clinic to maintain a good workflow and meet expectations of customers in relation to being on time.
- Demonstrates effective delegation techniques.
- Performs special tasks, procedures within the scope of practice for an RN that is unique to Ambulatory Care clinics i.e. (database entry, scheduling of special procedures, as well as assisting in special procedures, inpatient role, case management, and education/teaching).
- Completes with expertise, timely, organized and with detail.
- Communicates effectively through written documentation or verbally to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinates patient care to ensure continuity of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing required.
- Experience with pediatric patients preferred
- Previous experience with EPIC preferred
- Current valid Nebraska RN license/RN compact license required.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) certification preferred.
- Current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition & Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire, unless another position held by the incumbent requires PALS. Employees hired prior to July 24, 2019 are required to obtain PEARS by July 24, 2020.
- Some travel may be required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha