We re searching for a Supervisor, Specialty Pediatric Clinics (SPC) Supervise and coordinate assigned support functions in order to accomplish organizational and departmental strategic goals and objectives. Coordinates and leads services for designated area(s), including transcription, accounts payable, patient/physician billing, and general office administration.
Long Posting Description
- Implements operational standards, organizes activities to achieve optimum service delivery/systems/care/processes, setting high performance objectives for the department. Holds self and others accountable to meet stated objectives,outcomes, goals, timetables and commitments, adhering to standards even in the face of unforeseen circumstances.
- Continuously analyzes all areas of responsibility for improvement and troubleshoots situations as they occur.
- Acts as subject matter expert and workflow organizer for all assigned administrative functions.
- Acts as organizer and lead for all services provided by the department. Assures that the needs of the areas of responsibility are fulfilled in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates services and provides leadership for designated area(s), including transcription, accounts payable, patient/physician billing, and general office administration.
- Perform a variety of supervisory functions on behalf of the department
- Prioritizes and coordinates daily work activities. Provides leadership and guidance by sharing expertise with others. Approves schedules and monitors time worked.
- Trains and/or oversees the training of employees on job related tasks.
- Conducts employee performance management duties including completion and delivery of performance evaluations, setting goals, dissemination of information, coaching, addressing performance issues/routine correction actions, and recommending termination of employment.
- Submits notifications for personnel actions (e.g., status changes, terminations).
- May participate in selection, hiring, and salary recommendations.
- Ensures cost effective use of resources by identifying and implementing changes related to staff allocation and assignment, and patient/department supplies.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety practices, policies and recordkeeping standards.
- May assist with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- May participate in the implementation of business plans for the area.
- May assist with annual budget by tracking expenses and providing input for future budget needs.
- Schedules meetings for physicians with outside resources and supports clinic staff for administrative needs.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to all clinic staff for computer utilization, equipment/supply troubleshooting, project support and customer service.
- Positive customer relations by being a patient advocate and communicating with customers and families as appropriate.
- Demonstrates effective communication with staff, physicians, patients, patients families, peers, other hospital departments, and outside agencies.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the department in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple priorities required
- Must be familiar with Service Excellence concept
- Excellent computer skills required
- Exhibits good problem solving abilities
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Minimum of three years in administrative support position required
- Previous clinical, practice management or supervisory experience preferred
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha