We re searching for a Respiratory Equipment Tech, responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, storing and distribution of medical equipment. Must be able to maintain an equipment inventory and facilitate rental processes for respiratory patient medical equipment.
- Assist in the pick-up and collection of soiled patient equipment and brings the equipment to the designated cleaning area.
- Decontaminate, clean, calibrate, and set-up medical devices according to prescribed procedures and aseptic techniques.
- Redistribute cleaned patient medical devices to an established equipment par location by unit
- Inspects, monitors, and verifies patient medical equipment is in good working condition; removes improperly functioning equipment from service for repair and/or maintenance
- Orders, tracks and monitors equipment inventory and rental equipment program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to recognize and respond to emergent needs.
- Able to work independently.
- Organizational and prioritization setting skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Basic computer skills including excel and word.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Enrolled in accredited AMA approved school of respiratory care accredited by the National Board of Respiratory Care preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha