We are currently searching for a Surgical Technologist III in CV Surgery to Perform a variety of preparatory, scrubbing and related duties necessary to provide patient care in the Operating Room Cardiac specialty service capacity. Assist with surgical cases in all surgical specialties.
Long Posting Description
- Prepares the operating room by supplying it with supplies and instruments to provide appropriate patient care (including taking call).
- Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedure according to the physician s preferences and the procedure
- Inspects equipment for proper working condition
- Prepare for specialty cases and maintain up-to-date knowledge of advancements and techniques.
- Updates preference cards following each procedure to ensure appropriate supplies are available
- Participates in pre-approved specialty surgeries and maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills on specialty processes and procedures
- Demonstrates surgical and clinical competencies for CV surgery and other designated specialties by administering interventions and performing surgical assessment to identified standards and age specific tasks.
- Maintains the sterile field during the procedure.
- Follow principles of aseptic technique and appropriate operating/procedure room procedures following AORN standards
- Maintain sterile practices when opening packages and preparing for the procedure
- Maintains availability of instruments and supplies to avoid delays
- Assists in maintaining adequate supplies in the operating room for immediate access during procedure.
- Store and stock supplies as needed
- Scrubs to assist the surgeon in the completion of surgical procedures by demonstrating a working knowledge of surgical instrumentation and equipment needed for a variety of procedures.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon, passing instruments and providing sterile items in an efficient manner, as directed by the surgeon.
- Participates in time out and sign out procedures
- Prepares suture material, dispense appropriate fluids and drugs and prepare specimens for pathologic analysis.
- Labels all liquids and medications on back table and mayo stand
- Works independently in/with heart room, cath lab, ECMO cannulations, and ventricular assistance device
- Participates in the Cath Lab transplant program, as needed
- Participates in cardiac call rotation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Surgical Technologist certification required
Frequent call-back required
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha