We re searching for Food Service Assistant. The incumbent will assemble and serve meals for the patients and cafeteria customer. He/she will protect food quality by following operational procedures for food handling, food safety, and infection control.
Long Posting Description
- Supports service excellence initiatives with proactive efforts in service and service recovery and commitment to improve.
- Follows approved patient menu preparation delivery and service protocols within approved timelines.
- Maintains clean, stocked, and continuous service-ready work areas utilizing HACCP and positive food handlers techniques.
- Promotes improvement in patient/customer satisfaction efforts by participating in pace changers, other planned events, and point-of-sale initiatives.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives, including taste panels, test trays, and displays of positive eye appeal at each service station.
- Prioritizes work duties due to patient/customer needs.
- Participates in financial management processes by carefully monitoring portion control, proper pricing, and safe storage of supplies and food.
- Monitors appropriate inventory of food and supplies by including dating, rotating products for service and documenting outages of same.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic hygiene principles.
- Knowledge of basic infection control policies and procedures.
- Skill in customer relations and service recovery.
- Skill in safe food handling.
- Ability to assess acceptable food quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work closely with professional staff.
- Ability to promote a positive dining experience.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Minimum 6 months food service experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Current and valid Douglas County Food Handlers Certification required within 6 months of hire
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Annual Physical
- Annual Mandatory Review
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha