We re searching for a Radiologic Technologist II to perform radiologic examinations and related functions at the hospital, i.e. clerical functions and pt. transportation assistance when necessary. Facilitate quality patient care. Advanced technologists are required be fully trained or certified in one additional modality area. They are required to work in Diagnostic x-ray as their primary department but contribute to the staffing model in the second area of training/certification. They are required to do exams in the OR, ED, Fluoroscopy rooms, as well as routine diagnostic exams. Render appropriate care specific to patient s age, and ensures understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in the Age Specific Criteria.
- Performs routine radiographic examinations at the hospital requested by credentialed physicians and facilitates diagnosis in accordance with department procedure manual; technique charts; and initial patient assessment to include the following:
- Room preparation to include equipment set-up; contrast media preparation; general supply stocking, immobilization devices; lead shields; isolation procedure requirements; and sterile technique when warranted.
- Calculating and selecting proper technical factors, positioning, and film markings based on patient age, physical condition and suspected pathology.
- Adheres to the ALARA quality program designed to ensure safe radiation practices.
- Processing radiographic images and evaluating them for technical quality.
- Preparing radiographs for interpretation by Radiologist recording pertinent patient data; dating films; and pulling previous exams.
- Completed procedures and imaging exams in the fluoroscopy area. Is competent in placing a catheter for VCUG (voiding Cysto-Urethrogram) exams.
- The technologist must be certified in a second modality or specialty area in order to move into this advanced job description. The technologist must contribute to both departments from a staffing perspective.
- Runs the C-arm or Portable x-ray machine to complete imaging in the OR, Fetal Care OR, ED procedure rooms and at bedside as needed.
- Performs a variety of tasks to ensure quality customer service and compliance with established policies and procedures
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion in order to comply with infection control regulations and to present a professional look to patients and families. Disinfects room after each patient use; restocks supplies; reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate person; and practices good hand washing
- Trains new employees. Orients radiologic students to the pediatric radiographic process.
- Transports patients to and from the department to facilitate timely completion of patient exams as needed, in accordance with established department procedure.
- Performs various clerical tasks in order to maintain continuity of patient exams, i.e. file room duties, answering phones, relaying messages, etc.
- Educates the patient and family members regarding the examination process. Provides caring responses to family questions. Excels in service excellence from patient and family s perspective.
- Facilitates image interpretation after hours via Teleradiology as necessary.
- Keeps a current knowledge regarding technical developments, trends and techniques in radiographic procedures and equipment. Maintains registry and licenses, through appropriate journals, workshops and seminars. Attends department meetings and educational in-services.
- Performs medical photography for child abuse cases.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work requires analytical abilities necessary to resolve technical problems to produce optimal radiographs
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to counsel and comfort patients and families regarding examinations.
- Maintain skills on a C-arm and portable x-ray machine
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree from and accredited college or university in Radiologic Technology required, equivalent work experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Radiology required.
- Previous pediatric experience preferred.
- Must be ARRT registered.
- Must be fully trained in a minimum of one additional modality such as CT, Dexa, US, MRI, NM required
- ARRT registered in the secondary modality function such as CT, DEXA, US, MRI, NM, OR preferred
- Current and valid Radiologic Technologist license from the State of Nebraska required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha