We re searching for a LPN Private Duty, provides direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of an RN, in a professional manner based on the Physician Plan of Treatment and nursing care plan, reinforce understanding of treatment regime and ability to perform cares and provides ongoing education to patient and caregivers using an individualized approach in delivery style and provides updates to the RN.
- Provides direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of an RN, in a professional manner based on the Physician Plan of Treatment and nursing care plan :
- Delivers nursing care based on Physician Plan of Treatment, company policy and changes in child s condition and communicates changes to appropriate persons (Physician, family, Nursing supervisors ) as indicated
- Performs and carries out cares and treatments according to physician orders, company policies and procedures under the direction of the RN.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in administering cares according to physician orders, nursing care plan and policies.
- Monitors and documents response to pain, cares, treatments and medications and evaluates outcomes of care provided, adjusting care process as indicated.
- Implements nursing actions as directed by the RN in accordance with the plan of care and with respect for the individualized needs of the child/family by incorporating child s and/or caregivers preferences into care.
- Provides the RN with input on individualized, accurate assessment of developmental, cognitive, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, family influences and physical/medical needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate care for all children served.
- Reinforces understanding of treatment regime and ability to perform cares and provides ongoing education to patient and caregivers using an individualized approach in delivery style and provides updates to the RN.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency of patient with the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of patient needs, knowledge, growth and development, and understanding the range of treatment needed by the patient and provides updates to the RN.
- Knows emergency preparedness plan and responds appropriately in crisis situations and/or life-threatening emergencies.
- Documentation reflects accurate patient progress and patient s response to therapy, changes in conditions, and therapeutic interventions/procedures.
- All charting is completed per policy to reflect accurate care during visit/shift on proper forms, according to internal and external regulatory requirements and Physicians orders.
- Receives complete report from previous caregiver/parents/guardians prior to administering care and documents per policy.
- Reviews current orders with caregiver/parents/guardians during visit or report to ensure that computerized current orders are correct.
- Completes, verifies, and documents new Physicians orders on appropriate forms and notifies Nursing Supervisor per policy.
- Provides RN with input of patient assessment for updating care plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritizing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing required.
- Minimum one year nursing experience required.
- Experience with pediatric patients preferred.
- Experience in the home care environment preferred.
- Current and valid Nebraska LPN license/LPN Compact License required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha