We re searching for a Radiologic Technologist to perform radiologic examinations and related functions including. clerical functions and patient transportation assistance when necessary. Facilitate quality patient care and render appropriate care specific to patient s age ensuring understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in the Age Specific Criteria.
- Performs routine radiographic examinations requested by credentialed physicians and facilitates diagnosis in accordance with department procedure manual; technique charts; and initial patient assessment to include the following:
- Room preparation to include equipment set-up; contrast media preparation; general supply stocking, immobilization devices; lead shields; isolation procedure requirements; and sterile technique when warranted.
- Calculating and selecting proper technical factors, positioning, and film markings based on patient age, physical condition and suspected pathology.
- Processing radiographic images and evaluating them for technical quality.
- Preparing radiographs for interpretation by Radiologist recording pertinent patient data; dating films.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion in order to comply with infection control regulations and to present a professional look to patients and families. Disinfects room after each patient use; restocks supplies; reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate person; and practices good hand washing.
- Trains new employees. Orients radiologic students to the pediatric radiographic process.
- Transports patients to and from the department to facilitate timely completion of patient exams as needed, in accordance with established department procedure.
- Performs various clerical tasks in order to maintain continuity of patient exams, i.e. retrieving and filing films and reports, answering phones, relaying messages, etc.
- Educates the patient and family members regarding the examination process. Provides caring responses to family questions. Excels in service excellence from patient and family s perspective.
- Keeps current knowledge regarding technical developments, trends and techniques in radiographic procedures and equipment.
- Maintains registry and licenses through appropriate journals, workshops and seminars.
- Attends department meetings and educational in-services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work requires analytical abilities necessary to resolve technical problems to produce optimal radiographs.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to counsel and comfort patients and families regarding examinations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or certificate from an AMA approved school in Radiologic Technology or related field required within 6 months of hire.
- Must be ARRT registered or board eligible, and pass registry within 6 months of hire.
- Current and valid Radiologic Technologist license from the State of Nebraska required within 6 months of hire.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha