When you work at Children’s, you’re part of a treasured place of healing in the Omaha community—and beyond. Join our team of highly engaged, caring professionals who believe deeply in the organization’s mission—to improve the life of every child. We support equity, diversity and inclusion, and as you apply your skills and expertise to helping children, you too will have opportunities to grow your career. In 2021, we’ll open the new Hubbard Center for Children, tripling our capacity to serve children.
When children are your everything, anything can be…
Children's is lookig to hire a Patient Access Specialist, CP Administration to be responsible for greeting and checking in all families and other customers in a professional manner consistently exceeding customer service expectations. Must be able to multi-task. Monitors, maintains, and verifies all required patient information with consistency and accuracy. Works with clinical team to ensure a team based approach to care. Ensures accurate and consistent point of service collections. Ensures a positive interaction in each patient and family encounter. May be expected to work in either the clinic location and/or in the Centralized Scheduling Center.
Essential POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
% of Time
- Registers new patients with complete and accurate demographics according to procedure.
- Checks patients in and out. Verifies all patient/family demographic information and enters accurately in the computer at each visit. May need to electronically verify address.
- Provides, collects and accurately documents all required patient paperwork according to procedure.
- Schedules patients accurately using the automated appointment system following office protocols.
- Maintains the daily physician appointment templates at the direction and approval of the office manager and lead receptionist.
- Contacts patients/families with future appointments to confirm appointments and verify demographic and insurance information.
- Verifies patient’s insurance eligibility and benefits using established automated process at each visit.
- Initiates the Children’s Connect sign up process for all new or inactive patients at the beginning of each visit.
- Responds to Children’s Connect appointment messaging within defined timeframes.
- Pulls patient’s charts as needed, releases information as needed in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Scans documents into the electronic medical record as directed. Appends the document to the appropriate section of the record following organizational protocol.
- Collects co-pays and balances on past due accounts following organizational protocol.
- Posts payments collected directly into the computer. Completes end-of-day balancing and accurately prepares bank deposit.
- Answers patient/family questions about owed balances and/or refers to Primary Care Physician Billing as appropriate.
- Completes work queues daily to compile missing demographic and insurance information for billing purposes.
- Supports patient care quality initiatives as directed.
- Completes miscellaneous reports and letters as needed.
- Opens and distributes mail in a timely manner.
- Assembles patient packets as directed.
- Pulls and processes all fax transmittals as directed, scans patient reports as directed.
- Prepares and sends hospital charges as directed.
- Performs opening and closing duties as assigned by the office manager or designee.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new employees as requested.
- Facilitates handling of pharmaceutical representatives and vendors in accordance with office policy.
- Monitors hourly and maintains clean, organized clutter-free lobby and clean patient restrooms
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent skills in communication, listening, customer service, organization.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft operating environment
- Ability to read, write and perform arithmetic calculations
- Ability to operate basic office equipment: personal computer, automated telephone systems, scanning technology, e-signature, 10 key adding machine, copier, shredder and facsimile.
- Knowledge of billing and insurance programs.
- Knowledge of patient appointment scheduling systems in a medical office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum one year customer service experience required.
- One year experience working in a health care or insurance setting preferred.
- Basic Life Support Certification preferred within 6 months of hire date .
- Based on Departmental need bilingual may be required.
- Based on position medical interpretation certificate may be required.