Decision Support Analyst, Corporate Finance (9500)
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha Omaha, NE
When you work at Children’s, you’re part of a treasured place of healing in the Omaha community—and beyond. Join our team of highly engaged, caring professionals who believe deeply in the organization’s mission—to improve the life of every child. We support equity, diversity and inclusion, and as you apply your skills and expertise to helping children, you too will have opportunities to grow your career. In 2021, we’ll open the new Hubbard Center for Children, tripling our capacity to serve children.
When children are your everything, anything can be…
Children's is searching for a Decision Support Analyst to be responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of decision support systems to maximum capacity to best facilitate the organization in meeting its strategic goals and position Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Affiliates to thrive in a value-based future. Ensure that the use of systems enhances business decision-making capabilities.
% of Time
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the System to best support the organization in meeting its strategic goals.
- Determine, develop, implement and maintain advanced costing procedures and methods including but not limited to; RVU collection process (providing education to managers, directors, service line leaders, etc. in the development and understanding of costing standards), indirect cost allocation, activity-based costing and supply/invoice-based costing which is the basis for all institution wide cost management and patient based profitability reporting.
- Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems to ensure the production of high quality data and ensure data integrity.
- Continually audit and analyze data for opportunities to improve processes in the ongoing development of analytical tools, adhoc reports, dashboards and analysis.
- Utilizes systems to generate reports which assist in the management of patient populations to maximize reimbursement in a value based health care setting.
- Designs and develops database programs to produce key financial data for internal and external reporting.
- Recommends and develops standard processes, templates and training programs to improve the quality of data, the analytics and reporting across the organization.
- Prepares and coordinates the training curriculum for end users, including developing and maintaining system user guides, training materials and annual end user updates on system enhancements or new analytical tools that have been developed.
- Relies on extensive experience, analytics and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Manages report development and output, provides analytical support, including utilization, dashboards, benchmarking, market trends or performance against peer groups. Meets with key stakeholders to present and review data output to improve operational performance or support decisions.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and/or annual service line profitability reports.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments and a variety of healthcare concepts, practices and procedures in the field by reading literature and attending seminars to develop business intelligence which can be used to support strategic operations.
Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical Requirements section
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of systems theory and ability to apply it to operations.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills, do strategic planning and project management.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and identify priorities in a fast-paced, highly visible environment.
- Strong people skills; ability to build relationships; collaborative and approachable.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Demonstrated experience teaching, mentoring and developing skills sets, where appropriate.
- Ability to take complex analytical data from diverse sources and synthesize it in reportable, professional and understandable context.
- Strategic and forward-thinking
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills in order to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare administration, finance, accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 6 years financial, data & business analysis experience in the healthcare industry, including at least two years of decision support system and/or cost accounting experience required.
- Expert knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and costing methodologies, service line profitability and physician revenue modeling.
| Date Posted
March 15, 2020
8534 Cass Street
| Located In
| Work At
| Job Type
Salary, Based on Experience
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
13-2051.00 Financial Analysts
This job offers the following benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Homeowners and Auto
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Nursing Facilities
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Achievement Awards
- Bonus Plan
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Business - Analysis
- Accounting Management
- Finance Management
- Financial Analysis
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Communications
- Healthcare Administration
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position