Medical Assistant or CNA - Neurology, FT; 40 hours/week, M-F (7091)
Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha Omaha, NE
Just like the children we serve, Children's is growing quickly and hiring a Medical Assistant for the Neurology department who is responsible for providing both administrative and clinical services to patients in the specialty clinics.
% of Time
Carry out CLINICAL duties according to standard operating procedures and scope of practice to include, but not limited to:
- Prepares patients for examinations by performing routine patient screenings prior to provider seeing the patient while facilitating clinic work flow.
- Informs the patient/family whenever there is a delay
- Assists the physician with exams when necessary.
- Collects phlebotomy and other lab specimens based on departmental need.
- Performs basic lab tests per protocol and/or order, based on departmental need.
- Assists with specialty specific procedures as delegated by RN.
- Maintain clinic exam rooms.
- Clean exam rooms after each patient in preparation for next patient.
- Maintains supplies in exam rooms specific to clinic specialty.
- Employs professional telephone and interpersonal communication techniques.
- Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Complies with performance improvement practices.
- Contacts patients and families of normal lab results as delegated by RN.
- Schedules procedures/diagnostic testing as delegated by RN.
- Completes Prior Authorization request for medications and equipment.
- Abstracts lab results from outside facilities as delegated by RN.
- Facilitates registration and utilization of Children’s Connect.
- Provides instructions on basic equipment based on departmental need.
- Orders and maintains appropriate levels of supplies and equipment based on departmental need.
- Demonstrates communication skills using appropriate medical terminology.
- Schedules/coordinates and monitors patient appointments.
- Performs general office duties based on departmental needs.
Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical Requirements section
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Skill in effective written and verbal communication to interact with varying levels of CHS staff
- Skill in typing and usage of computer
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including a multi-line phone system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required
- Current and valid Medical Assistant (AAMA) certification preferred
- Current and valid Medication Aide Registration with the Nebraska State Medication Aide Registry required, within 90 days of hire
| Date Posted
October 22, 2018
| Date Closes
January 20, 2019
8200 Dodge Street
| Located In
| Work At
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Based on Experience
40 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
31-9092.00 Medical Assistants
This job offers the following benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Homeowners and Auto
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Nursing Facilities
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Achievement Awards
- Bonus Plan
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Customer Service
- Microsoft - Access
- Microsoft - Excel
- Microsoft - Outlook
- Microsoft - Word
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Excellent Team Member
- Office Machine Operations
- Positive Attitude
- Word Processing
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Medical Assistant
- Pediatric Care
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position