Borsheims is looking for a full-time Staff Accountant I to join our team. At Borsheims, we take pride in providing our Signature Service to every customer, and you will play a vital role in helping us do that.
The Staff Accountant I is responsible for delivering Borsheims' omnichannel Signature Service by performing general accounting duties, assisting in financial statement preparation, and assisting in maintaining controls of accounting operations by performing regular verifications and system maintenance functions. If you have prior accounting experience, a keen eye for detail and are a strong communicator, you may be the gem we've been searching for!
Qualified candidates should have:
- Associate Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting
- Microsoft Excel experience required
- Microsoft 365 experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Note: This is NOT a work from home position.
- Complete various interval accounting duties, such as reconciling bank statements and preparing supporting asset and liability schedules.
- Gather financial data from other departments and review for accuracy, prepare and post general ledger journal entries and verify individual general ledger accounts to financial work papers.
- Perform regular internal verification of cash balance, bank balances, sales orders, etc., to ensure the accuracy of work completed and compliance with established policies and procedures. This will include daily verification of sales and cash balancing of the point-of-sale (POS) system and posting sales orders.
- Assist in preparing payroll by verifying pay changes, entering deductions, garnishments, taxable fringe benefits, etc. You will review the time management system to ensure timely review of timecards by managers. You will evaluate hours and verify payroll information for accuracy and completeness before transmission to the outside payroll service bureau.
- Execute daily tender reconciliations and assist other accounting and customer service personnel by responding to questions and providing technical direction in response to customer payments.
- Help with special projects and system maintenance audits to provide increased control of accounting functions, ensure accuracy, develop new policies and procedures, etc.
- Take part in the inventory database's end-of-month/year closing procedures. You will perform sales checks, cost fixes, and item adjustments as necessary.
- Review and verify invoices to purchase orders and enter invoices for payment in the accounts payable system, as necessary. You will prepare accruals and coordinate the event sales reconciliation process, match event sales to vendor invoices, and perform related sales fixes.
- Assist the department in performing the annual physical inventory. You will also participate in planning activities, physical count and variance reconciliation.
- Prepare census reports and filings for government agencies. You will be responsible for the timely filing of sales and tax returns.
- Work an assigned schedule.
Borsheims is a luxury jewelry and gift retailer and a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family. We value our employees and provide a family-friendly work environment and a flexible schedule for all. If hired, you would be eligible to enjoy Borsheims' excellent benefits, which include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Medical and Parental Paid Leaves
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- No Late Nights and Sundays Off (We are closed on Sundays except during the holiday season and on Berkshire Weekend)
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Ongoing Education & Training
Interested? Apply now!