Borsheims is looking for a full-time Inventory Associate (Central Receiving Associate) in the Omaha area. At Borsheims, our purpose is to provide our Signature Service to every customer, and you will play a vital role in helping us do that.
The Inventory Associate (Central Receiving Associate) performs various receiving and inventory functions, such as receiving, inspecting, verifying all incoming and outgoing jewelry, watch, and diamond merchandise. Processes inventory data to update and maintain an accurate and efficient inventory control system. Maintains all related documentation. Tags and forwards merchandise to appropriate personnel for distribution. General point of contact for jewelry sales associates and related support departments. Controls the stock of loose diamond merchandise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Receives and opens all incoming jewelry, watch, diamond merchandise and correspondence. Ensures all merchandise and general packages are recorded in the daily receiving database. Sorts and distributes daily mail.
- Answers questions from all departments regarding merchandise, costs, retails, inquiry programs, on-hand levels, policy/procedure, etc. Understands and utilizes various system programs in order to answer questions and research inventory variances or transaction issues.
- Inspects all merchandise upon receipt to determine its condition. Organizes merchandise according to type, i.e. special order, stock, etc. Reconciles and matches merchandise to appropriate paperwork, i.e. purchase order, invoice, memo, special order. Reviews purchase orders to ensure terms and conditions as quoted. Refers exceptions to Buyer.
- Records merchandise description, documents specific item information, such as stone weights, metal types, assigns sku groups and calculates retails according to established guidelines. Ensures the accuracy of inventory balances, cost, and retail by verifying packing slips to invoices. Data enters all merchandise and details into the inventory system.
- Generates bar coded jewelry inventory tags, re-verifying all information on tags. Tags merchandise and logs to authorized personnel (i.e. buyers, sales associates, shop, watchmaker). Notifies appropriate personnel about completed orders as needed.
- Assists in performing daily cycle count of jewelry and watch merchandise with RFID tags. Resolves variances by comparing counts to computer reports. Communicates any unresolved variances to appropriate members of management.
- Manages the loose diamond inventory. Verifies stone weights, laser inscriptions, and maintains all loose stone reports/certificates. Tracks the checking in/out, sales, holds, and layaways of all loose diamonds to sales staff. Performs loose diamond closing inventory at the end of each business day. Notifies Diamond Buyer of inventory needs/status.
- Administers and reconciles customer memos within the inventory system.
- Takes pictures and stores photo images of merchandise with certain values or qualities and all memo stock merchandise using the computerized imaging system.
- Tracks and processes paperwork for customer returns, stock jobs, special orders, layaways, shipping, scrap, and trade in merchandise. Performs and posts any/all adjustments to cost of inventory, processes allocations, make-up/break-ups, and consignment merchandise from customers. Completes all necessary paperwork.
- Processes paperwork for returns of incorrect or damaged merchandise and other returns to vendors as needed. Generates return forms and reviews and processes the vendor returns in the inventory system.
- Assists in the maintenance of the inventory database to ensure an accurate and efficient system. Reconciles the inventory system transaction registers. Updates vendor retail price changes.
- Audits various internal transfer logs to help ensure merchandise and job envelopes are accounted for as they move to different departments and sales people throughout the store.
- Assists in taking inventory for established cycle count schedules and the preparation and administration of year-end physical inventory. Reconciles physical values to book values.
- Follows established security procedures when handling merchandise.
- Assists the Gift Receiving Associates as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work assigned schedule on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to see well enough to read small print and read a computer screen and printout.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse with others in person, via telephone and paging system.
- Ability to move about the store from department to department, get behind narrow counter areas, bend down or reach up into drawers/shelves, and to climb a ladder to retrieve files from shelves.
- Dexterity to write in small print, operate a 10-key, operate a computer keyboard, and operate office equipment.
- Stamina to sit for over eight hours.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 20 lbs.
Borsheims offers an excellent BENEFITS package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- Closed on Sundays/No Late Nights
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote From Within
- Ongoing Education & Training
Interested? Apply now!